Windows 10: Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing

Discus and support Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I’ve had this Dell inspiron 15 3000 for close to a year now and when I go to play a game on it like Fortnite (I’m a pretty big gamer) the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FierceRaptor21, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing

So I’ve had this Dell inspiron 15 3000 for close to a year now and when I go to play a game on it like Fortnite (I’m a pretty big gamer) the laptop freezes. I reboot my laptop and a notification comes up and says that my intel hd 620 graphics card failed to start. I have tried many fixes for this like uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the manufacture but it doesn’t work, I have tried downloading it from intel but that doesn’t work. I ran some virus detecting programs and removed all viruses from my PC but that still hasn’t fixed it. I keep my PC storage low and periodically clean up my drive. I need help fixing this so I can get gaming again.

:)

FierceRaptor21, Dec 12, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing

graphics card issue in Windows 10

Hi Harish,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I would suggest you to follow the same steps above suggested by Jenith_James and select the previous operating system like
    Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and install it
    and check if it helps.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer: How
    to install and update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing

1. Windows 10 graphics card keeps failing - Similar Threads - graphics card keeps

2. Failed graphic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed graphic card: C:Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.in f_amd64_20f49672fd0a44f1\nvldumd.dil no está diseñado para ejecutarse en Windows o contiene un error. Intente instalar el programa de nuevo por medio de los medios originales de instalación, o póngase en contacto con...
  3. Failed graphic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed graphic card: C:Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.in f_amd64_20f49672fd0a44f1\nvldumd.dil no está diseñado para ejecutarse en Windows o contiene un error. Intente instalar el programa de nuevo por medio de los medios originales de instalación, o póngase en contacto con...
  4. Windows install fails graphics card device failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows install fails graphics card device failed: Windows 11 was coming up with a BSOD relating to the graphics card. I tried to do a reinstall, but it fails every time saying device failure on the graphics card. I pay insurance and it went off for repair. It came back saying unrepaired as requested, which is untrue. I rang...
  5. Windows install fails graphics card device failed

Windows install fails graphics card device failed: Windows 11 was coming up with a BSOD relating to the graphics card. I tried to do a reinstall, but it fails every time saying device failure on the graphics card. I pay insurance and it went off for repair. It came back saying unrepaired as requested, which is untrue. I rang...
  6. Graphics Card Keeps Reinstalling Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Keeps Reinstalling Automatically: Hey, guys. I made a mistake of installing a driver from old files while I was in device manager I was supposed to choose "let me pick a list for available graphics drivers", but instead of doing so, I clicked next on a old folder I hadNow I am stuck with an old AMD Graphics...
  7. Graphics Card Keeps Reinstalling Automatically

Graphics Card Keeps Reinstalling Automatically: Hey, guys. I made a mistake of installing a driver from old files while I was in device manager I was supposed to choose "let me pick a list for available graphics drivers", but instead of doing so, I clicked next on a old folder I hadNow I am stuck with an old AMD Graphics...
  8. Graphics Card Keeps Reinstalling Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. graphics card failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card failing: i bought the 6GB Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 Xt and it worked fine for the first two weeks but then suddenly a blue screen started coming with the failure Video-TDR-failure caused by the failing of amdkmdag.sys i tried every thing like installing windows again and going to last...
  10. Windows 10 graphic card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 graphic card: Hi, This is my first post and although trawling back through other threads I havn`t found a previous answer to my query. I have installed Windows 10 to my Dell desk top PC and all is OK apart from the ATI RV370 video controller which needs upgrading. This I am more than...