Windows 10: Windows 10 Gray Text

Discus and support Windows 10 Gray Text in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there an update that changes Windows 10 gray text to black or darker. I have tried several things and nothing has worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mardash, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Mardash Win User

Windows 10 Gray Text

Is there an update that changes Windows 10 gray text to black or darker. I have tried several things and nothing has worked.

:)

Mardash, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2020
  3. David_167 Win User
    Windows 10 Light Gray Text

Older versions of Windows used to display text in plain black (or whatever other solid color was chosen), and you could control the color of each graphic element used in Windows and many apps, then save all your choices forever.

Now in Windows 10 your choices are few, and the settings are hard to adjust. But even if you choose High Contrast and turn off ClearType, text is still displayed poorly, with horrible default colors. I can't tolerate the ugliness of High Contrast, even
    with my own customizations, so that is not an option for me. But if High Contrast is turned off, text (in Light themes) is always shown in gray. Magnification reveals that many colors are actually used. In this very text you are reading, the colors range from
    #000000 (black) through #441f10 (brown) all the way to #e1ffff (a very light blue). There is no option to display text in black, or even just in shades of gray! Again, turning off ClearType doesn't help; the text still looks gray.

If I had an option to make all regular text boldface, and and to make all bold text extra heavy bold, I would choose that and be very happy. In some apps I can indeed do that, and the result is wonderful. But not in Windows itself and all apps that use Windows
    settings.

I think this gray text is a bug in Windows, and should be fixed. None of the published suggestions worked for me, except for fiddling with the graphics device brightness and contrast properties, which does help a little. But the text still looks gray!

Some programs choose their own colors, but even then, in most cases, the same range of colors is used to make the text appear dim.

Note: There is already a post by this name here, from 2015, but it did not help me. If there is a way to post a Windows bug report, I hope someone will do it. Why do we have to strain our eyes to use our computer?

David_167, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Gray Text

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Gray Text

1. Windows 10 Gray Text - Similar Threads - Gray Text

2. Windows 10 Light Gray Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Light Gray Text: Older versions of Windows used to display text in plain black or whatever other solid color was chosen, and you could control the color of each graphic element used in Windows and many apps, then save all your choices forever. Now in Windows 10 your choices are few, and the...
  3. Anyone know why this gray bar appears when I try to type in any text box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know why this gray bar appears when I try to type in any text box?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plugosrs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gh8nhg/anyone_know_why_this_gray_bar_appears_when_i_try/
  4. I think there was an update and now people in videos look pink and text is gray, difficult...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I think there was an update and now people in videos look pink and text is gray, difficult...: I think there was an update and now people in videos look pink and text is gray, difficult to see. I've tried personalization for colors and that made everything worse. How do I fix? Is there a way to go back to before the update when everything worked well?...
  5. How do I change the text color on Windows 10 from gray to black?

How do I change the text color on Windows 10 from gray to black?: The light gray on the standard screen is hard to read the text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-text-color-on-windows-10-from/c412d31d-b5fd-4f20-83be-bfa0eb3bbf9d
  6. gray text on all websites

gray text on all websites: I had an update, now all my text on websites are gray and task bar is all white. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/gray-text-on-all-websites/98e05a17-4033-4a75-89d0-d1957626c444
  7. 08;/05/18---HELP MY NEW HP LAPTOP WIN 10 TEXT IS TOO GRAY...DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT TO...

08;/05/18---HELP MY NEW HP LAPTOP WIN 10 TEXT IS TOO GRAY...DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT TO...: 08;/05/18---HELP MY NEW HP LAPTOP WIN 10 TEXT IS TOO GRAY...DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT TO BLACK TOO LIGHT FOR ME HELP!!@@!!!! I searched everywhere on line and can't find a way to do it SHAME ON MICROSOFT....the text is too gray....I adjusted contract and brightness but...
  8. Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.

Start Menu text grayed out & app icons blurry after taking laptop out of HIbernation mode.: [ATTACH] I'm really confused as to why this happened. I looked at this question to see if it could possibly solve my VERY similar problem, but alas, it did not. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Basic computer specs: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 HD...
  9. Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts): Don't know where to post this so I'll do it here. *sarc Issues: Blurry Start Menu Texts and Icons; 'Grayed' Start Menu Texts; Missing Apps; Unable to change the Start Menu titles Just updated to Windows 10 creators fall version 1709 and it might have caused the issues....
  10. Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro: Hello, I'm having an issue where my hover-text and tool tips are suddenly highlighted in gray. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.693. Here are screen shots to demonstrate. [img] [img] As you can see, this happens when I hover on anything that...