Windows 10: windows 10 grey screen after sleep

Discus and support windows 10 grey screen after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I get a grey screen after waking my laptop up after sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PaulandMax, Jun 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 grey screen after sleep

I get a grey screen after waking my laptop up after sleep

:)

PaulandMax, Jun 14, 2019

2. grey screen after sleep

Hi Bob,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your Windows 10 turning into grey when it goes to sleep, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? Follow these steps to access these information

• Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
    • On the Run box, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear with the information about the Version and OS build that you have.

(Your computer may need to be updated, click this
    support link
    to begin updating as well as to access the Windows 10 update history.)

• Have you checked the helpful post of stanleybottitta posted December 20, 2017 found in this thread for solution?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 14, 2019
  3. windows 10 PC will not go to sleep and the screen saver will not work, just after latest windows 10 update

Hello,

Corruption within the Power settings is one of the possible reasons why you are encountering issues with the Screen Saver feature and Sleep mode in Windows 10. To address the issue, we suggest running the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and select it on the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 14, 2019
  4. windows 10 grey screen after sleep

Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

This is actually the first thing we tried. The computer comes up with a message saying:

"Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this go to setttings and search for Power and Sleep."

The dropdown box underneath is greyed out, and inactive.

Going to Power and Sleep leads to your first suggestion, which is a dead end.

Regards, Stewart

StewartPeppiatt, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 grey screen after sleep

1. windows 10 grey screen after sleep - Similar Threads - grey screen sleep

2. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after password: I get a grey screen after putting in my password. I don't see the windows logo when I boot up and I don't want to do a restart cause all of my game files are in risk. if someone could help that would be great because I have suck little patience and this computer really ticks...
  3. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  4. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep mode grey screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  5. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode grey screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  6. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  8. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  9. Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup: I just applied dark mode in my windows 10 and changed high contrast settings. Then a blue screen popped up and said please wait . Then unfortunately my lights went off . When i restarted the computer , it was able to log in with password with the dark mode on . But not able...
  10. Windows 10/Grey screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/Grey screen: Today at 8:48 AM #4,750 Morning all... I wonder if anyone can help. I'm having trouble with my new laptop running on Windows 10. After attempting a restore to a earlier time during the morning, which should only take approx 20 minutes, I found this was taking 2 1/2 hours...