Windows 10: Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just applied dark mode in my windows 10 and changed high contrast settings. Then a blue screen popped up and said please wait . Then unfortunately my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MueenShaikh, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

I just applied dark mode in my windows 10 and changed high contrast settings. Then a blue screen popped up and said please wait . Then unfortunately my lights went off . When i restarted the computer , it was able to log in with password with the dark mode on . But not able to use taskbar . I waited for few minutes , the computer screen went grey several times and coming back to normal . I was able to use the desktop apps. But then my computer froze. I waited for couple of minutes and then turn the switch off. When i started computer , after startup , the screen went grey with the cursor on . I didn't even Login

:)

MueenShaikh, Dec 29, 2020

2. Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Grey screen on startup

When I click on Windows 10 button I get a grey/black screen and a cursor.

The cursor can be moved but is useless without something to click on!

The hard drive whirs and the drive indicator led flashes as if Windows is loading but after 12+ hours nothing has happened.

How can I access Windows?

I Campbell, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup

1. Windows 10 grey screen with cursor after startup - Similar Threads - grey screen cursor

2. Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10: I originally entered safe mode to fix a Bluetooth issue, but once I rebooted my PC my monitors weren’t detecting a signal. Eventually I found an HDMI cable and used that, which worked, so I exited safe mode. Now I’m stuck on a blank gray screen and I have no clue what to do....
  3. Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10: I originally entered safe mode to fix a Bluetooth issue, but once I rebooted my PC my monitors weren’t detecting a signal. Eventually I found an HDMI cable and used that, which worked, so I exited safe mode. Now I’m stuck on a blank gray screen and I have no clue what to do....
  4. Stuck on grey screen with no cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup: So I’m dealing with this pc, running windows 10, and after it starts I get the manufacturer’s logo on the screen, then please wait with working circles, then my windows ID please wait…, and then a black screen. But I can see and move the cursor around. But that’s it. If I...
  7. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Grey screen on startup.

Grey screen on startup.: I was doing my own thing on my laptop when it suddenly shut down and when I restarted it a grey screen popped up. I shut down and restarted multiple times and not even then Windows start up logo appears, just right to the grey screen. Any idea of what happened and how to fix...
  9. grey screen , no cursor

grey screen , no cursor: [IMG]help , i got a bluescreen while playing games. after that laptop has been turned off, i try opening it back and it only shows grey screen and no cursor. i tried tapping the all command keys but it doesnt work . help me...
  10. Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank screen with cursor on startup: Hello, my pc has recently failed a windows software update and cannot boot into the OS. I have looked up this problem and tried many solutions but so far nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) simply because I have no idea...