Windows 10: Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc

Discus and support Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 2 pc's both running Windows 10 (x64) Version 1903. One shows a boot screen with the choice of Windows 10 or Macrium Reflect on startup. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnBurns, Jun 21, 2019.

1. JohnBurns Win User

Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc

I have 2 pc's both running Windows 10 (x64) Version 1903. One shows a boot screen with the choice of Windows 10 or Macrium Reflect on startup. The other does not show a boot screen at all on startup Under msconfig, boot section "no Gui" box is unchecked on both. Macrium Reflect has the boot menu option checked on both. What could be causing this difference? I would like to have the option of Windows 10 or Macrium Reflect on both but can't figure out the solution to even get the boot screen to show. I know this slows startup somewhat, but I prefer it that way.

:)

JohnBurns, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc

1. Windows 10 GUI Boot Screen Missing on on one pc - Similar Threads - GUI Boot Screen

2. Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]: [IMG]After configuring the backup of the Windows Server, if you try to trigger the backup but find that the GUI is missing, then this post is sure to help you. In this post, we will see what you can do if the Windows Server Backup GUI is missing. Fix Windows Server Backup GUI...
  3. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  4. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  5. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. No Gui boot Lenovo

No Gui boot Lenovo: Hi I have a lenovo laptop and it only shows the lenovo logo and does not show the spinning dots.No Gui Boot is not selected in msconfig. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-gui-boot-lenovo/2fdb50ad-ec0e-4de8-8131-08292d118227
  7. No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10

No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10: Hi, I want to enable No Gui boot on my windows 10 laptop HP. When I enable it using msconfig, it works only when I restart my pc or when I disable fast startup. It does not work when I turn on my pc from shutdown. I do not want to disable fast startup....
  8. Missing Icons in Windows 10 OS GUI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Icons in Windows 10 OS GUI: A number of native apps - including the Start Menu Power Menu when I have an update - and parts of the GUI show icons that are missing. They appear as empty boxes. These include 'Screen Snip', 'Settings', 'Window Security', 'Start Menu' and 'Taskbar' just to name a few. This...
  9. No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10: Hi, Having just done the upgrade to Win10, I've been trying to customize it to my liking. I want to: 1. Change it to a no GUI boot. 2. Change it to verbose (OSinfo) boot. 3 Enable the F8 key during boot. As for number 1, I have tried everything I have found online and...
  10. Windows 10 GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GUI: Is the Windows 10 GUI the same for the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8? Has the Charms Bar dropped for free upgrades from Windows 8? Just wondering. 15530

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc gui is missing

2. gui not showing on boot