Windows 10: Windows 10 GUIs too small in Asus X556UA

Discus and support Windows 10 GUIs too small in Asus X556UA in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Asus X556UA laptop. It was recently bought. In relation to any graphics issues it can be considered to be at factory settings. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Nov 12, 2016.

1. meridius Win User

Windows 10 GUIs too small in Asus X556UA

I have an Asus X556UA laptop. It was recently bought. In relation to any graphics issues it can be considered to be at factory settings.

When I received this laptop after the initial installation phase I began noticing that some GUIs were very small, for example the first thing was the middle yellow GUI of Word 2007. The general text sizes within Word and its GUIs are also too small.

This laptop is 1920 x 1080. It looks to me as though Asus have set the text size at 125%. There is an Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

To make things easier I have attached a pdf document showing the problem.

My personal experience of trying to change screen resolutions, DPIs (custom text size) was never positive in Windows 7 or XP. I can't remember ever having had a satisfactory outcome and once (I can't remember if it was in Windows 7 or XP) a restore point did not even undo my amendments (I think it was something to do with my changing DPI settings) and I had to do a factory reset again. So I don't have the time or energy for this type of experimentation...

What concerns me the most about this is that in relation to any graphics issues is that the laptop can still be considered to be at factory settings.

I will probably have to contact Asus support before actually doing anything but am looking to this forum for advice first.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

:)

meridius, Nov 12, 2016

2. gertrude's servantY

I just downloaded windows 10, and all the fonts are too small. I'm old, I need larger than 9 point. the solitaire is too small also. I want the solitaire I had with larger cards. It appears that only people with young eyes can use computers. I do
    and I am pissed by this attitude. Get with it guys, you will be old some day also.

KateSeverin, Nov 12, 2016
  3. ASUS MX279 display too small after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

The issue you are facing with occurs due to outdated or corrupted drivers.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: You may try changing the resolution of the Monitor and then check for the issue.

1. Click on start menu and go to Settings.

2. Select System.

3. Click on Display and then click on advanced display settings.

4. If the resolution is lower than 1024 x 768 pixels, you can set a higher resolution, if your PC supports. To change the current resolution, click on Resolution box and select a higher resolution.

If issue persist try method 2.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

1. Type Windows Update in the search box on task bar, and hit Enter.

2. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

3. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

1. Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.

2. Go to device manager.

3. Right-click your display device.

4. Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

5. Restart the computer

If issue still persist try method 3.

Method 3: I suggest you to uninstall and Reinstall display drivers
    and check if it helps.

To uninstall display driver, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys and click device manager.

2. Click to expand display adapters, right click the adapter and click uninstall.

Now, you may download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website and check.

Please also refer the following wiki article created by Andre Da Costa.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 GUIs too small in Asus X556UA

1. Windows 10 GUIs too small in Asus X556UA - Similar Threads - GUIs too small

2. graphics and fonts too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics and fonts too small: Why when I open some programs the everything is minimize? in other words the letters(font) and graphics are too small to be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-and-fonts-too-small/43715194-4209-4328-ac98-d79cc02d549e
  3. Partition is too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition is too small: I am installing Windows 10 on a laptop. Everything was going fine until I tried installing on "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". It gives me the "Windows cannot be installed on this drive. When I click details it reads, "This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition...
  4. Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps fonts are TOO SMALL in windows 10: why do i have too small fonts in the applications in windows 10 tho i tried to fix the resolutions but still nothing works. also i dont have the option (advanced display setting)...
  5. Display either too blurry or too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  6. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...
  7. Applications opening too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications opening too small: Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable. Note that it is only the application opening too small, the other items on the desktop seem fine. Resolution is set to 3200 x 1800 and I've experimented with different...
  8. App Windows are WAY too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    App Windows are WAY too Small: I have a two-month old Alienware laptop running Windows 10 at 3840 x 2160 resolution. Both Carbon Poker and Viber (those are the only ones I've seen with the issue so far) appear extremely small. Viber can be maximized, but the text remains the same super small size. Carbon...
  9. Disk too small?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk too small?: So I have a Sony VAIO laptop. It came with Windows 7 and I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. I wanted to then upgrade the HD from a 5400 drive to an SSD. Old one was 580 or so GB, new one is 480 GB. First step I tried was to clone the original drive using...
  10. Fonts Blurred / too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Blurred / too small: Hi, I have an original Acer laptop Aspire E1-522 with AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and a brand new Aspire F5-573G_115C_1.18 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical...