Windows 10: Windows 10 hang

Discus and support Windows 10 hang in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home Edidtion. When attempting to use my HP machine (HP Envy 810 qe Desktop with 4 core Intel i-7, 32 GB of memory) for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by networkbob, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Windows 10 hang

I am running Windows 10 Home Edidtion. When attempting to use my HP machine (HP Envy 810 qe Desktop with 4 core Intel i-7, 32 GB of memory) for the first time this morning, it appeared to be in sleep mode. I tapped on a few keys and got a blue screen with a message (which I think) said "Setting up Apps, Please wait" then a second blue screen appeared with a message "It's taking a bit longer than usual, but it should be ready soon. Don't turn off your PC".

It has been in this state over 4 hours now. I suspect this is similar to a problem I have seen on a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 8.1 Pro. I have seen an intermittent issue after Windows updates are downloaded and the laptop resets and ultimately a blue screen appears with a message indicating "the update is being configured and not to shut down the machine". One time, I left the laptop in this state for over a day before cycling power on the laptop and the laptop came back up fine with no noticeable problems.

I suspect I am seeing a similar problem here on my Windows 10 machine. I suspect a Windows update was downloaded automatically and the installation was started and then the machine was reset automatically and then went into the state I described in the first paragraph.

Has anybody else seen this and is it safe to power reset my Windows 10 machine? Are there any other suggestions as to what I can do other than resetting power?

:)

networkbob, Oct 28, 2015
  2. zhimin Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE SAMSUNG WIFI CARD PROBLEMS

Windows 10 Hangs on me as well. I got the same RV511, simply not possible to install windows 10. I tried update from windows 8.1, it hangs on restart. I tried boot from windows 10 usb disk, it hangs on start.

I will stick with windows 8.1 then for a while until Samsung or Microsoft solve the problem without asking us to remove the wifi card.

zhimin, Oct 28, 2015
  3. akhilskumar, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10 hang

As far as I am aware no windows updates have been downloaded
    Looks like you have nothing to lose
    Power off and then restart and see what comes up.
    Before you do that gently tap the power button and see if that wakes it up
    Once you have it back up and running
    Run sfc /scannow
    notice the space between the c and /
    see what it finds it does also repair problems

hTconeM9user, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 hang

1. Windows 10 hang - Similar Threads - hang

2. Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers): We've installed a bunch of computers this week with 1903 downloaded from MS. Everything has gone fine, but today we noticed that Edge won't open on any of them. It just hangs once it opens with a white page. I've tried: Updating Windows Repairing Edge Resetting Edge...
  3. Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why do Microsoft reps keep putting me on hold and then hanging up on me?: I've never encountered such horrible customer service, and no way to hold them accountable. They hang up on you the moment you ask for a supervisor. It's the perfect scam for these guys when they can't understand the language or the issue at hand. They just hang up knowing...
  4. Random BSOD and random small hangs Ryzen 3600 - Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and random small hangs Ryzen 3600 - Win10: Hello, After I build an AMD Ryzen 3600 based PC, I have random crashes and very small hangings ("hickups"). I suggest it would be the memory but Memtest did not show any problem at all. Just to be sure I bought other RAM moduls what are in the list of supported memories...
  5. Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing: This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10 minutes the computer is unusable So when i started going through my file folders it happened faster and faster and when i...
  6. Downloads hanging and giving error code 0x80246019 in microsoft and xbox BETA app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads hanging and giving error code 0x80246019 in microsoft and xbox BETA app: I cant download anything via the microsoft store/xbox app thing. they just hang there. I've tried wsreset, sfc/ scan and that completed it's stuff to no avail. I have tried the following; Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this: Launch powershell as an...
  7. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%: I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed to start from...
  8. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%: <p>I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. <br><br>I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then&nbsp; tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed...
  9. PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen

PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen: This is a long description but any help would be very appreciated. A few weeks ago my PC has been struggling to boot up normally with no obvious cause. What I mean by "boot normally": I would be able to login and then start opening windows a few seconds after with no issues...
  10. PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen: This is a long description but any help would be very appreciated. A few weeks ago my PC has been struggling to boot up normally with no obvious cause. What I mean by "boot normally": I would be able to login and then start opening windows a few seconds after with no issues...