Windows 10: Windows 10 Hanged after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Hanged after startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BhrataShree97, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Hanged after startup

This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and the starting tab didn't show all my favourite linked sites. Even though that was odd I checked my mail. And that was when the entire screen stuck, nothing was moving and not even CTRL + ALT + DEL was working.

So I hardbooted my laptop. And checked two things, first McAfee had done a software update for one of its components the previous night however the laptop was working fine the next morning, also Windows did an OS update search exactly at the time the screen froze. I am aware of McAfee getting a bad press but I'm not aware how it affects PC in general. I would really appreciate the advise of an authorised Microsoft consultant.

Regards

P.S. want to remove McAfee but have seen posts where uninstalling the software takes away Admin privileges

:)

BhrataShree97, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Windows 10 Hanged after startup

Windows 10 hangs at startup

To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, follow the steps below:

• Boot the computer normally.
    • While on boot, click the power button to force shutdown the computer.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times to get the Automatic Repair option.
    • Select Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • When the computer reboots and the Startup Settings menu appears, press
      5 to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Enter your username and password to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Hanged after startup

1. Windows 10 Hanged after startup - Similar Threads - Hanged startup

2. My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic prepare, I've lost my admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic prepare, I've lost my admin...: My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic repair, I've lost my admin password so choose lost password reset, but then auto repair hangs. Is the only way to fix this to reinstall windows 10? Do I need my admin password to reinstall? Because I've lost my admin...
  3. My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic prepare, I've lost my admin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic prepare, I've lost my admin...: My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic repair, I've lost my admin password so choose lost password reset, but then auto repair hangs. Is the only way to fix this to reinstall windows 10? Do I need my admin password to reinstall? Because I've lost my admin...
  4. My pc hangs on startup, I turn off 3 times to get automatic prepare, I've lost my admin...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D: When I run dxdiag, it pops a dialog message on load which says: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"If I click "No", the process just hangs it doesn't...
  6. DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D

DXDiag hangs on startup when not bypassing DIRECT3D: When I run dxdiag, it pops a dialog message on load which says: "DxDiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"If I click "No", the process just hangs it doesn't...
  7. On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again: For the last couple of weeks I am having an issue where when I turn my computer on, once the desktop screen is open as soon as I click an icon eg Google Chrome the icon gets picked up and it won't get dropped. After a couple of minutes it might drop it, but then as soon as...
  8. On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again

On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again: For the last couple of weeks I am having an issue where when I turn my computer on, once the desktop screen is open as soon as I click an icon eg Google Chrome the icon gets picked up and it won't get dropped. After a couple of minutes it might drop it, but then as soon as...
  9. Windows 11 Too Much Slower and hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Too Much Slower and hanging on startup: I just bought a New laptop on that I have installed windows 11. and it is very, very slow when starting up. After 20-30 minutes, it starts working smoothly but suddenly again becomes hung. After every time I restart my laptop, it takes 20 to 30 minutes to hang. I have...
  10. Windows 11 Too Much Slower and hanging on startup

Windows 11 Too Much Slower and hanging on startup: I just bought a New laptop on that I have installed windows 11. and it is very, very slow when starting up. After 20-30 minutes, it starts working smoothly but suddenly again becomes hung. After every time I restart my laptop, it takes 20 to 30 minutes to hang. I have...