Windows 10: Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs

Discus and support Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My newly built computer is borderline unusable due to constant hangs- the computer will frequently pause then continue after about 45 seconds, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by triadlocal, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs

My newly built computer is borderline unusable due to constant hangs- the computer will frequently pause then continue after about 45 seconds, which makes doing any work basically impossible. During the course of writing these few sentences running the log collector, and uploading the logs, it hung 5+ times. The only programs that typically are running are Word and Chrome. BSODs are less frequent, but still an issue.

My gut says that this is tied to the network card, but maybe there is something else (or multiple things) going on.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachment 53012

:)

triadlocal, Dec 10, 2015

2. Unexpected store exception error

Running Windows 10 for a few months with no problem. Now getting a black screen and then Bsod with error message unexpected store exception. System does not reboot but hangs on Bsod. If I reboot I get a brief 30 seconds or so, time where it appears to
    run normal then the screen goes black and I have to reboot manually but the same thing keeps happening. No recent software changes. Help please.

Chris Finley, Dec 10, 2015
  3. BSOD critical process died

I am running win10... have gotten BSOD with the message critical process died. the computer will reboot with about 10 mins of use then the BSOD again with the same msg, will hang for quite a while then reboot. Tried to send dump files but there is no email
    address to send them. I would really like to revert to 7.... Your help is appreciated ASAP.

Stephanie

StephanieQuick, Dec 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs

Hi triadlocal,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I understand you are having trouble running the dm log collector and uploading the zip.
    Unfortunately I need you to try to upload the zip again, because it is empty.
    If you can access another computer for a minute to upload the zip, I would try it *Smile

5. Sorry about that. I didn't realize there was an error creating the zip file.

I've rerun the program, and hopefully this one works.

Thanks again.

Attachment 53102

triadlocal, Dec 10, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    There are no dumps, but my suggestion is based on your description where I assume the hard drive is part of the cause.

Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

7. Even if this isn't the source of the problem, I want to thank you for your help with this.

• There is only 1 HD
    • The HD is a SSD, so I did not run SeaTools.
    • The Disk Check finished with no errors.
    • The HDTools full scan finished with no errors.
    • The screenshots are attached below.

Attachment 53593Attachment 53594

Again, thank you for your help.

triadlocal, Dec 13, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please open taskmanager and filter the activity on what is used most (disk, CPU, memory).
    After filtering, monitor it to find out if any activity causes the performance issue.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hanging and BSODs - Similar Threads - Hanging BSODs

2. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  3. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  4. Daily black screens, hangs, and blue screens BSODs from an unknown cause?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily black screens, hangs, and blue screens BSODs from an unknown cause?: Hi, I'm using an MSI Bravo 15 A4DDR laptop and for almost a year I wanna say, I've been experiencing almost daily sometimes multiple times per day crashes of some sort:Blue Screens that provide minidumps attached below, as well as black screens that cause the laptop to hang...
  5. Daily black screens, hangs, and blue screens BSODs from an unknown cause?

Daily black screens, hangs, and blue screens BSODs from an unknown cause?: Hi, I'm using an MSI Bravo 15 A4DDR laptop and for almost a year I wanna say, I've been experiencing almost daily sometimes multiple times per day crashes of some sort:Blue Screens that provide minidumps attached below, as well as black screens that cause the laptop to hang...
  6. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  7. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  8. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Auto restart after BSOD hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto restart after BSOD hangs: With Windows 10 I am facing problem with Auto restart. After BlueScreen it appears to restart but hangs showing the PC maker logo DELL.In SystemPropertiesAdvanced, I have Auto restart enabled. Another issue is I don't see the MEMORY.DMP generated even though it has been set...
  10. Recurring PC hang-up, no BSOD, audio loops. "Fixed" before, comes back

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring PC hang-up, no BSOD, audio loops. "Fixed" before, comes back: Windows Version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.928) Hello! Ive been experiencing a pretty debilitating hang-up issue on my PC over the course of the past 6 months or so. Ive managed to fix it twice, but it keeps resurfacing, usually giving me 1-4 months between episodes. Now Im on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bsod hanging