Windows 10: Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

Discus and support Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently after one of Windows 10 updates that I had installed probably about a week or two ago windows 10 has been hanging on the login screen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XxSwiftyxX, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

So recently after one of Windows 10 updates that I had installed probably about a week or two ago windows 10 has been hanging on the login screen when I enter my password it just spins and says logging in, for upwards to 30 seconds then finally logs into the desktop. Sometimes applications and other windows become unresponsive I am able to navigate between the windows on the task bar but things aren't fully loaded and I can't open new windows ctrl+alt+tab does not work until 10-20 seconds later after then everything starts loading dramatically, opens task manager, opens the application I was trying to open.

Normally happens on boot up after it does its wonky thing everything is fine. Any ideas would be helpful thank you.

:)

XxSwiftyxX, Apr 14, 2019
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

1. Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds - Similar Threads - hanging freezing seconds

2. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...
  3. Windows 10 freezes few seconds after startup.

Windows 10 freezes few seconds after startup.: Hello, my fresh installed Windows 10 freezes after a few seconds startup. I can used the opened programs but can not open new ones. Seems like its the explorer.exe or maybe something else. But if i cut off my desktop PC from power or shut it down forcefully over his...
  4. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds: The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but nothing on the screen, except the very first time it displayed an "entering power saver mode" message) and then powers off (power...
  5. 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze: My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows that the usage of my SSD drops to zero but task manager shows 100% disk usage. I noticed that although the image freezes;...
  6. windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds

windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds: i have just installed windows 10 on my computer and after about 5mins to 10 seconds it freezes and i even left it over night and it was still doing it i have no time or opportunity to do anything and it baffles me as it is a fresh install computer specs: H110 gigabyte...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes: Hi, My Windows 10 taskbar freezes every 10-20 minutes ie the clock freezes and I can't launch any programs. Windows explorer then restarts and everything is ok for another 10-20 minutes until it freezes again. Microsoft recommended performing a clean boot so I did that...
  8. Windows 10 hangs for 5-10 seconds during normal use

Windows 10 hangs for 5-10 seconds during normal use: Specs: Dell Inspiron 3531 running Windows 10 Home 64-bit (free upgrade from 8.1) Intel Celeron N2830 2.16 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM Intel HD Graphics For a few days now, I have noticed that my laptop hangs for about 5-10 seconds at a time. If any audio/video was playing, that...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes

Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes: I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled...
  10. Windows 10 explorer.exe crash, freeze, restart. hang?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 explorer.exe crash, freeze, restart. hang?: For second and LAST time, I am trying to make windows 10 works with my PC, I upgraded RAM from 4GB to 8GB, coz I thought it could be reason. Windows 10 explorer.exe will restart itself, taskbar also, pc will hang, pc will restart itself, etc. What I found: Code: The...