Windows 10: Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

Discus and support Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently after one of Windows 10 updates that I had installed probably about a week or two ago windows 10 has been hanging on the login screen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XxSwiftyxX, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

So recently after one of Windows 10 updates that I had installed probably about a week or two ago windows 10 has been hanging on the login screen when I enter my password it just spins and says logging in, for upwards to 30 seconds then finally logs into the desktop. Sometimes applications and other windows become unresponsive I am able to navigate between the windows on the task bar but things aren't fully loaded and I can't open new windows ctrl+alt+tab does not work until 10-20 seconds later after then everything starts loading dramatically, opens task manager, opens the application I was trying to open.

Normally happens on boot up after it does its wonky thing everything is fine. Any ideas would be helpful thank you.

:)

XxSwiftyxX, Apr 14, 2019
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds

1. Windows 10 hanging/freezing 10-20 seconds - Similar Threads - hanging freezing seconds

2. Windows 10 Hangs/Freezing Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hangs/Freezing Problem: Hi, I have my desktop for about 2.5 years now.Starting this year, it starts to freeze within few minutes after entering win10 os when I first turn it on in the morning. After I force a hard boot, it then typically works well for the rest of the day.I google online and try...
  3. Windows 10 Hangs for a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Hangs for a second: So when I use my lenovo thinkpad, I boot up my computer in Enable kernal debugger and every second it hangs. I didn't use notmyfault either since I have saw this in yoga yoga number It didn't crash but I need to restart by holding the power button 2-10 seconds. I used a...
  4. windows 10 hang freezing troubleshoot

windows 10 hang freezing troubleshoot: By uninstall Graphic driver such as HD or FHD , windows would be worked smoothly. Maybe you have to uninstall graphic drive at Safe Mode. One way go safe mode : before login system press Shift + Restart...
  5. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing: Hi, everyone. My PC has been freezing lately, and the only thing I could do to get out of it was power down and restart. I tried all the suggested updates and system checks from the forums but they didn't work. Then I read someone's experience of a faulty cable causing...
  6. 10-15 second freezes & hangs constantly after rebuild

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10-15 second freezes & hangs constantly after rebuild: Hi Recently had to rebuild my PC after it bricked (some sort of driver conflict...never figured it out). Ever since then it's been hanging/freezing for 10-15 seconds. Seems to be temporarily fixed by a restart but always returns. When it does, the mouse still moves but no...
  7. Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing

Windows 10 keeps hanging/freezing: This happens to me every so often for years i thought it was a graphics driver from nvidia But for some reason it starting happening every 5-10 minutes the computer is unusable So when i started going through my file folders it happened faster and faster and when i...
  8. Freezing and Hanging Windows 10

Freezing and Hanging Windows 10: When you're typing or scrolling computer freezes or hangs for 2 to 10 seconds. I have tried everything that I can find on the internet, including 8 different power settings, and updates, and diagnostic test. Everything comes back normal. If I wasn't so scared of it I'd...
  9. windows 10 , hangs or freezes

windows 10 , hangs or freezes: My computer has windows 10,and it hangs or freezes,all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hangs-or-freezes/cd07db91-6542-4766-abe6-db9716ae6d8f
  10. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pop are freezing for 20 seconds