Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Occasionally when I go to a folder to open a PDF file when I click on it the folder just freezes and becomes unresponsive. I can open the pdf file if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gingineeruk, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file

Occasionally when I go to a folder to open a PDF file when I click on it the folder just freezes and becomes unresponsive.

I can open the pdf file if I open the pdf software (tracker software pdf exchange editor). but if I restart it is all ok. then it might happen again the next day.

Any thoughts on how to deal with this or if this is a common issue?

Running windows 10

I think I'm all up to date with updates

:)

Gingineeruk, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2019
  3. MMQureshi Win User
    left click on any file or folder hang or unresponsive explorer or windows

left click on any file or folder hang or unresponsive explorer or windows

MMQureshi, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file

Explorer hangs for a second when right clicking empty space

Are you talking windows explorer or internet explorer?

First thought, some sort of timeout problem. Explorer is trying to connect to something that isn't there or not responding.

Edit: I just saw this... so windows explorer:

I've seen similar behavior in Excel when a network printer (that was the default) wasn't available, Excel would hang for a second on just about every click. Solution was to change the default printer to PDF or something local. I'm only saying that because something analogous could be happening in your case.

Edit2:

Read this: Troubleshooting Right Click Issues Caused by Shell Extensions

Sasqui, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file

1. Windows 10 hangs and explorer unresponsive when clicking on PDF file - Similar Threads - hangs explorer unresponsive

2. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  3. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.: Basically it crashes when I right click in explorer application or desktop so I cant delete files using mouse or create files. Also first time today onedrive crashed with it and I was instantly able to right click again. Usually it goes away after 2minutes and happens again...
  6. File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything: So, most of the times I want to use something, the Windows File Explorer hangs, I tried almost anything and nothing fixes it, some people told me that updating windows fixes it, but I did it and nothing. submitted by /u/Izanaski [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang: Due to lack of space, I only managed to clear enough space to do the Windows 10 update last night. But today, the file explorer shortcut in the taskbar doesn't work, and when i right click an app in file explorer or desktop, the explorer hangs and I have to close it. I've...
  8. Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10

Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10: Since the last one week, this problem has reappeared after a year . Whenever I right-click or double-click on an Office file Word, Excel or PPT , explorer hangs and I am unable to open the file as intended. On doing some more research, I have been able to narrow down the...
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. Windows 10 hangs when clicking on "This PC" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs when clicking on "This PC" in Windows Explorer: aka "Working on it" bug. Starting a separate thread about what I believe to be a bug or serious compatibility issue. Lots of people on the net are having it, but there is no solution as yet. Screenshot below. Step to reproduce: On a PC with multiple drives attached,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spreadsheet hangs explorer

2. explorer hang wehn cliking on excel file windows 10

3. windows 10 explorer unresponsive

4. right clicking on desktop causes unresponsiveness,
  5. clicking on hard drive makes file explorer unresponsive