Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs during reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs during reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VitaliyTS, May 17, 2022.

1. VitaliyTS Win User

Windows 10 hangs during reboot

When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.Shutdown and cold boot works fine.That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because when I run Windows 7 on that PC from another HDD, its reboot works fine.That makes impossible to update Windows since its require reboot to install update and cannot update on shutdown.Did all advices to disable fast boot, disable custom boot, sfc /scannow and clean SoftwareDistribution folder. Nothing of that helps reboot still hangs on last ste

:)

VitaliyTS, May 17, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2022
  4. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs during reboot

1. Windows 10 hangs during reboot - Similar Threads - hangs during reboot

2. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hangs during reboot: When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.Shutdown and cold boot works fine.That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because when I run Windows 7 on...
  3. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 hangs during reboot: When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.Shutdown and cold boot works fine.That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because when I run Windows 7 on...
  4. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  5. Windows Hanging during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hanging during boot: Hello,I have an embedded Dell 3000 running Win 10 21H2 that just hangs occasionally while booting right after POST. I have tried a number of things to get this corrected but I am running out of luck and options. Does anyone have any other ideas?Here are the things I have...
  6. Windows Hanging during boot

7. Windows 10 Hangs randomly during games

Windows 10 Hangs randomly during games: I'm getting a persistent hanging when playing games, that seems to occur randomly. The system will completely hang up and become unresponsive, and when it does this, more often than not it's accompanied by a loud, screeching static that is heard through the headphones or...
  8. Windows 10 Hangs randomly during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hangs randomly during games: I'm getting a persistent hanging when playing games, that seems to occur randomly. The system will completely hang up and become unresponsive, and when it does this, more often than not it's accompanied by a loud, screeching static that is heard through the headphones or...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery: When I try reboot my PC to install update 1809, it stays stuck forever on the blue shutdown screen, with the spinning blue dots and the counter at 0%. Here's the output from the last operations in Panther\setupact.log: 2018-10-06 01:29:33, Info SP...
  10. Windows 10 Creator Update 1709 hangs at 33% during reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Creator Update 1709 hangs at 33% during reboot: I have a Dell XPS L501X laptop that has been working very well with windows 10, until the latest upgrade. My desktop generally has the issues with Microsoft upgrades but this time it did the upgrade just fine and my laptop is having the issues. I’ve tried all of the advice...