Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately... After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mojoe_, Mar 30, 2021.

1. mojoe_ Win User

Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately...

After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years, things have gotten worse mid-2020. This I concluded with the fact that the machine has been running this install for years, so why not reinstall.

Original Install Date: 24/09/2020, 10:31:04

Here we go, exact the same Problems i was experiencing before, yet even worse:

I can't correctly play D3D games - they stutter every 10-15 seconds and freeze for 2+ secs OpenGL is fine - at least for Minecraft

Examples:

State of Decay 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Cities Skylines, Ghost-Recon Wildlands all taking a. very long to load b. stutter as mentioned c. sometimes textures are not displayed perfect - most probably due to "loading time" not meeting requirements

Fun fact: seeking through bigger mp3 files takes looooooong every time i skip same "pattern" - maybe this is related to the new SSHD I bought, will disable this within next days for testing

Yes, I'm a horrible Person to have 40+ Chrome tabs x2-3 open. Yes this worked pre mid-2020, flawless, on 8GB of RAM. Chrome just "blacks-out", and can't be tabbed back into and has to be restarted, losing tabs.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with an update that has been applied somewhen in 2020, its definitely BEFORE the "October-Update" and not related to 20H2. Any Chance I get that 19H2 back? ; Or even better, have this issue fixed.

Some technical details:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version: 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z87M-D3H

System Type: x64-based PC

Processors: 1 Processors Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3401 Mhz

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale: en-us;English United States

Total Physical Memory: 8.103 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 11.512 MB

I would add the 13 applied Hotfixes too, yet as mentioned: even without updating, problems existed.

Please advise, Kind Regards

-

:)

mojoe_, Mar 30, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

1. Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall - Similar Threads - hangs reinstall

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...: Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on basic tasks .This windows 11 is outright trash. No help from Microsoft its a supposed downgrade from Windows 10. There windows store doesnt work on a out of box laptop just bad such a shame,...
  5. Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...

Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...: Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on basic tasks .This windows 11 is outright trash. No help from Microsoft its a supposed downgrade from Windows 10. There windows store doesnt work on a out of box laptop just bad such a shame,...
  6. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  7. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  8. Flight Simulator will not reinstall after hanging during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator will not reinstall after hanging during update: After not having used Flight Simulator 2020 for 4-5 months, I tried restarting it. Not unsurprisingly, it tried to upgrade itself. It appears to complete the process 650MB+ download, progress bar 100%, the system hung. The task manager showed no activity - disk, cpu, or...
  9. Hanging at Getting ready during reinstall of windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hanging at Getting ready during reinstall of windows.: Recent inability to boot Intel NUC 8i5BEH1. Error message "no bootable device." Diagnosing PC and automatic repair did not work, The 1 TB Hard disk drive was checked and errors fixed using another PC. Diagnosing and automatic repair still did not work, reinstalled windows...
  10. My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall: I have a genuine installation of windows 10 came by default with pc but pc hangs a lot. I tried to fix it by reinstall but the problem is persistent. I usually happen when I try to open Chrome...