Windows 10: Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

Discus and support Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello and thanks,So today, Saturday August 28 2021, I found that my desktop PC had been restarted. I figured an update must have automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanP8, Aug 28, 2021.

1. RyanP8 Win User

Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

Hello and thanks,So today, Saturday August 28 2021, I found that my desktop PC had been restarted. I figured an update must have automatically installed. Now my PC hangs on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I cannot access anything on the login screen.I tried rebooting, it did not fix it.I tried unplugging all USB devices and restarting, it did not fix it.I tried using a media install disk, while my mouse and keyboard work fine with it, it will not repair windows in any form or fashion using "repair" or "restore" options, it just gi

:)

RyanP8, Aug 28, 2021
  2. XDCash Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Aug 28, 2021
  3. My windows 10 login screen is not responding

I was having a bad virus problem so I decided to shut down my computer but then at restart, my login screen couldn't work anymore. It won't respond to the keyboard and mouse can some please help

Daproducer1, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

Keyboard & mouse not working at windows 10 login

Hi Gonzukes,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard and mouse drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

1. Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond - Similar Threads - Hangs Login Screen

2. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: my desktop PC had been restarted after an normal update for my AMD program. Now my PC is stuck on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I cannot access anything on the login screen. I tried rebooting, it did not fix...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: my desktop PC had been restarted after an normal update for my AMD program. Now my PC is stuck on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I cannot access anything on the login screen. I tried rebooting, it did not fix...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  9. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  10. Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse not responding at login screen: I was fettling my fan curves on my ASrock X570 pro4 (AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 32GB 3000 DDR4, 512Gb Nvme SSD) to quieten it down a little, I was using the ASrock utility in Windows 10 (2004 update). The temps were at about 40degrees (CPU and motherboard) 52degrees (chipset)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 logon screen not responding

2. stuck on login screen and mouse and keyboard not working