Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro (current build fully updated) hangs on startup after update reboot, before displaying the Logon UI! I resolve this by interrupting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arthur Durand, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

Windows 10 Pro (current build fully updated) hangs on startup after update reboot, before displaying the Logon UI!

I resolve this by interrupting startup twice to force Windows to perform automatic startup repair, the I select Advanced startup option > Troubleshoot > Startup settings to startup in safe mode where Windows automatically uninstalls the updates and reboots normally. This has happened for every update reboot for the past three months. I've performed an in place upgrade, but the problem persists. I have several other machines running the same version and build of Windows without experiencing this problem!

The event logs and Windows update log files can be obtained from --> https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgS7zfLQOVekj4Q_2jV3dXOCXr3SgA <--

:)

Arthur Durand, Jul 8, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

Windows 10 hangs at startup

To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, follow the steps below:

• Boot the computer normally.
    • While on boot, click the power button to force shutdown the computer.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times to get the Automatic Repair option.
    • Select Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • When the computer reboots and the Startup Settings menu appears, press
      5 to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Enter your username and password to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

1. Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots! - Similar Threads - hangs startup update

2. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install: I'm trying to update to the latest Win10 update released on 8/8/22. Ever since that update was downloaded the machine hangs on the required reboot after the install. I have disabled updates until I can find a fix. I've tried to download the update and install manually but get...
  3. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install: I'm trying to update to the latest Win10 update released on 8/8/22. Ever since that update was downloaded the machine hangs on the required reboot after the install. I have disabled updates until I can find a fix. I've tried to download the update and install manually but get...
  4. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install: I'm trying to update to the latest Win10 update released on 8/8/22. Ever since that update was downloaded the machine hangson the required reboot after the install. I have disabled updates until I can find a fix. I've tried to download the update and installmanually but get...
  6. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install: I'm trying to update to the latest Win10 update released on 8/8/22. Ever since that update was downloaded the machine hangson the required reboot after the install. I have disabled updates until I can find a fix. I've tried to download the update and installmanually but get...
  7. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

10. Windows 10 Hanged after startup

Windows 10 Hanged after startup: This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and the starting tab didn't show all my favourite linked sites. Even though that was odd I checked my mail. And that was when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hangs at boot up after 1309

2. w10 cold start hang

3. windows bios hang reboot

4. computer wont boot after 1903 update,
  5. kb4509091 hang reboot,
  6. after windows upgrade computer hangs bios error