Windows 10: windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

Discus and support windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I added my laptop to my test environment in intune and then removed it from intune. Since it was still running certain things I set in the policy like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tiuri van Nunen, Jul 12, 2020.

1. windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

I added my laptop to my test environment in intune and then removed it from intune. Since it was still running certain things I set in the policy like not allowing users to change the background, I tried to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. However, when setting up the screen for the first time, he asked for an internet connection. Normally you can skip this. So I let my laptop connect to the internet and it said the following: the connection is being checked with microsoft. After showing this message for a while it changes to: something happened, try connecting again. And I come back to the screen with the active networks. I don't understand what's going wrong here. I have a stable internet connection. Did my laptop get stuck somewhere in Intune? I can't find that anywhere in Intune. Maybe someone knows this problem? thanks in advance!

:)

Tiuri van Nunen, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

HELP!? System Hangs At Windows Splash Screen.

the fact that it has issues with cold boots more than warm boots suggests power supply.

The second most likely would be RAM (incorrectly set timings and voltages, or bad ram) - but that would normally crash the PC randomly after it had booted. Since it works fine after its booted, PSU goes back to #1 spot.

looking down and seeing a cooler master as the PSU reinforces that opinion - they're cheap crap.

I suggest replacing the PSU first of all.

Mussels, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen

1. windows 10 hangs on the first time boot screen - Similar Threads - hangs boot screen

2. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  3. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  4. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  5. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  6. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Failing to boot first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Failing to boot first time: My Mum's sent me a video of her Windows 10 PC booting and what appears to happen is the first time it loads the blue recovery screen which says "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" and then she clicks on the left button and it boots fine or sometimes after she types...
  8. Won't boot first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't boot first time: When I have the AMD FX9370 installed, my computer won't boot first time. Never does. I hold the power button until it shuts off and press it again for a 2nd boot with zero issues. When the FX8350 is installed it does boot first try. The board was an msi 970a G46 with an...
  9. Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experience hang in the first 5-10 mins after booting: Hi, I am experiencing a hang in my laptop for the first 5-10 mins after i switch it on. I have recently bought this HP laptop with 8Gb RAM and 2Gb nvidea graphic card. It is a 64 bit opersting system and has intel i5 8th gen. I am shocked that with such specifications also...
  10. Windows 10 Boot hanging on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot hanging on welcome screen: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 last night and the boot time has gotten significantly slower. I have an Samsung 840 Pro SSD and with windows 7 the welcome screen would only flash up for a second then I would be logged in. With Windows 10 it hangs for around 8-10...