Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll try to explain this as best as I can, let me know if I can clarify anything. I've been having a weird problem, basically since I've had my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dan33185, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dan33185 Win User

Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

I'll try to explain this as best as I can, let me know if I can clarify anything. I've been having a weird problem, basically since I've had my new desktop running Windows 10 (about 2 months now). When I have multiple folders open and hover over the folders icon next to the Windows logo, Windows just hangs for about 5-10 seconds sometimes. It doesn't really freeze, as I am able to move the mouse, but I can't click on anything for about 5-10 seconds, and then all of a sudden, everything works as expected like nothing happened. This also happens sometimes when clicking on the Windows logo to make the menu appear, Windows just stalls/hangs for 5-10 seconds, then goes on like normal and like nothing happened. I will attach a picture that shows what I mean, although I am actually typing this on a computer that is running Windows 7, not the computer with the problem, the concept is the same (hovering over folder icon on bottom left of screen).

:)

Dan33185, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

1. Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders - Similar Threads - hangs stalls hovering

2. Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Images go MASSIVE when pointer hovers over them: The image on videos immediately go massive as soon as I hover the mouse pointer over it. How do I bring the image back to normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-go-massive-when-pointer-hovers-over-them/826878ed-fd82-49fe-95f2-7042b1b56a71
  3. Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.: When Windows 10 Night Light is enabled, the screen will increase in brightness when: 1) The mouse is hovering over text, OR 2) The mouse is on my secondary monitor. This issue is very annoying because it hurts my eyes when using my PC in the dark. This issue even exists when...
  4. Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hovering mouse over folder does not open it in file explorer: I have a problem with file explorer on windows 10 following the recent update. While drag and dropping a file into a folder, hovering over a folder no longer opens the folder to allow for direct placement into a subfolder. Any solution appreciated. ***Title modified from:...
  5. Mouse hovering over other programes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hovering over other programes.: I have some problems with my mouse. If i've more screens opened, I normally can switch to the other screen with my mouse. Today I installed Windows 10, but every time I hover to another Window, it puts that window to the foreground. So the other windows, are behind this...
  6. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  7. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...
  8. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514
  9. Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections: Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it? [img] 44252
  10. Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover over desktop icon and a popup shows the programs location folder: Just did a clean install on a Dell laptop. I have everything turned off in Notifications and still get this popup. Driving me nuts ! Where did they hide the setting ? Thanks 94601