Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll try to explain this as best as I can, let me know if I can clarify anything. I've been having a weird problem, basically since I've had my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dan33185, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dan33185 Win User

Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

I'll try to explain this as best as I can, let me know if I can clarify anything. I've been having a weird problem, basically since I've had my new desktop running Windows 10 (about 2 months now). When I have multiple folders open and hover over the folders icon next to the Windows logo, Windows just hangs for about 5-10 seconds sometimes. It doesn't really freeze, as I am able to move the mouse, but I can't click on anything for about 5-10 seconds, and then all of a sudden, everything works as expected like nothing happened. This also happens sometimes when clicking on the Windows logo to make the menu appear, Windows just stalls/hangs for 5-10 seconds, then goes on like normal and like nothing happened. I will attach a picture that shows what I mean, although I am actually typing this on a computer that is running Windows 7, not the computer with the problem, the concept is the same (hovering over folder icon on bottom left of screen).

:)

Dan33185, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. display contents of folder on hover ?

I used to have an app that let you hover the mouse over a folder and you will see the contents display in a pop up area.. similar to the right click context feature. You could then choose a shortcut from that to open - all without ever opening the folder itself.

I cant for the life of me find that app but i want to use it to help organize my desktop.

Any ideas?

John Phoenix, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders

1. Windows 10 hangs/stalls out when hovering over folders - Similar Threads - hangs stalls hovering

2. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  3. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  4. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when hovering over Windows Interface: I have been having this issue with my pc for a couple of months now. When ever the cursor is run over a windows-based interface taskbar tray, file explorer, right click menu, etc. the screen goes black for a few seconds before resetting. I have done everything I can think of...
  6. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar: Hi, This just started a day or so ago and I don't know why. Before, when I hovered the mouse over a folder icon in the taskbar it would just show the name of the folder. For example "Europe summer 2018" or "The Rocky Mountains winter 2017." So all I had to do was hover over...
  9. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  10. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 open programs freeze when mouse is hovered over them