Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus...

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is an intermittent problem, but one that recently happens at least once a week. My laptop does not always wake up from the sleep state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jnareb, Feb 5, 2020.

1. jnareb Win User

Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus...

This is an intermittent problem, but one that recently happens at least once a week.

My laptop does not always wake up from the sleep state correctly. From time to time, after waking up, it shows the login screen or rather lock screen with wallpaper but without any informational overlay like name of account, charging/battery status, internet connection, turn-off button, etc. - and it doesn't switch to the login form, even after waiting for long time. It instead automatically turns off the screen it goes black after a while, never showing the login form.

The only thing that happens is the noise from the HDD activity. Forcing the laptop to sleep with media button or by closing the lid works, but does not fix the issue.

After forced reboot with a power button the problem fixes itself for a time.

P.S. It looks like the problem is with background update process, as I think but I am not sure this happens around the time where there exists not yet fully installed system upgrade.

system Windows 10 Home 64-bit x64, version 1903 compilation 18362..592, with Fast Boot enabled

laptop Asus Aspire F 15 F5-573G-67AS

--

Jakub Narębski

:)

jnareb, Feb 5, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus... [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 5, 2020
  3. twjames66 Win User
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen?

WIN 10 Pro 64Bit

Thank you,

James

twjames66, Feb 5, 2020
  4. nsmth Win User

Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus...

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus... - Similar Threads - hangs lock screen

2. Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Login hangs completely after sleep: When waking up a Win11 computer after sleep, sometimes the fingerprint sensor stops working. Then you are to use the PIN. However, the login "PIN" screen doesn't appear, and the computer is hanging.The failing fingerprint sensor is not the problem for me, but that the login...
  3. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  4. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  5. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  7. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  8. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up: Hi, Please can anyone help, not long purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition pre-installed. Going well until recently has started to hang, on the e-mail log-in and password page - got another Outlook user to try too; basically the same. I, get the black...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...