Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks again for reply, it is much appreciated. I think I will remove the display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller DDU, and then install new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by emulajavi, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge

Your most welcome !! Try that uninstaller, when doing NVIDIA Driver installation again, select Custom Install do not take the GeForce Experience for now and also check below to Remove older drivers, i always do it this way, just keep a backup of older drivers on a external device in case.

Doing upgrade from the downloaded files won't be much different then creating a disc to do it, except have the disc for future use, repair and clean install. As i was not sure if you had a disc for old OS. Sometimes clean install will give you less issues afterwards when done, but you first have to do the upgrade. Had this issue with a tablet said Intel Graphics accelerator was not compatible, but still have not decided to try that on it.

jds63, Sep 9, 2015
  2. emulajavi Win User

Hi. Sorry for the late answer....

If you still need it, here are the instructions:

8.16.11.8867 WHQL

1. Download the driver from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3s...67_win7x64.exe

2. Unpack it

3. Install driver manually from the .inf by going to Device Manager, right-click on the Graphics Card, 'Update driver software...', then 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then pointing to the .inf inside the driver's folder. (You can also clic on 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer', and then on 'Have disk' and select there the .inf of the driver)

Let me know if it works for you!

thank you!

emulajavi, Sep 12, 2015
  3. emulajavi Win User
    About my main topic (my computer hanging when using Microsoft Edge), as an update i can say:

It keeps happening... and I still haven't rooted a solution....

For example today the system freezed at 22:54, and I had to manually reset the computer by long pressing the power button. After booting again this is something I've found in the event viewer:

Error 12/09/2015 22:56:38 EventLog 6008 Ninguno
    El cierre anterior del sistema a las 22:30:32 del ‎12/‎09/‎2015 resultó inesperado.

Advertencia 12/09/2015 22:54:55 User32 1073 Ninguno
    El intento del usuario VAIO\emula de reiniciar o apagar el equipo VAIO produjo un error

Error 12/09/2015 22:54:41 Service Control Manager 7009 Ninguno Se agotó el tiempo de espera (30000 ms) para la conexión con el servicio Sincronizar host_Session1.

Error 12/09/2015 22:54:41 Service Control Manager 7009 Ninguno Se agotó el tiempo de espera (30000 ms) para la conexión con el servicio Almacenamiento de datos de usuarios_Session1.

Error 12/09/2015 22:54:41 Service Control Manager 7032 Ninguno El Administrador de control de servicios intentó realizar una acción correctora (Reiniciar el servicio) después de la terminación inesperada del servicio Almacenamiento de datos de usuarios_Session1, pero ocurrió el siguiente error:
    Ya se está ejecutando una instancia de este servicio.

Error 12/09/2015 22:54:31 Service Control Manager 7031 Ninguno
    El servicio Acceso a datos de usuarios_Session1 terminó inesperadamente. Esto se ha repetido 1 veces. Se realizará la siguiente acción correctora en 10000 milisegundos: Reiniciar el servicio.

Error 12/09/2015 22:54:31 Service Control Manager 7031 Ninguno El servicio Almacenamiento de datos de usuarios_Session1 terminó inesperadamente. Esto se ha repetido 1 veces. Se realizará la siguiente acción correctora en 10000 milisegundos: Reiniciar el servicio.

El servicio Datos de contactos_Session1 terminó inesperadamente. Esto se ha repetido 1 veces. Se realizará la siguiente acción correctora en 10000 milisegundos: Reiniciar el servicio.

El servicio Sincronizar host_Session1 terminó inesperadamente. Esto se ha repetido 1 veces. Se realizará la siguiente acción correctora en 10000 milisegundos: Reiniciar el servicio.

I'll keep looking for the cause...

Any ideas?

thank you!

emulajavi, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Dundee Win User

Yes I experience windows 10 hangs when I am typing emails on Yahoo and Outlook and it just did while I was typing now, and a little blue circle rotates for several seconds and after clicking the mouse a few times(usually I hit it harder and harder) it allows me to type again. It takes along time to type anything. It is much harder on Yahoo than Outlook,maybe they want me to dump Yahoo and only use Outlook????????? Any suggestions.(I tried that sfc/scannow and it didn't do anything) Thanks in advance for any help.

Dundee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - hangs using Microsoft

2. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  3. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  4. Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,: Hello there, My asus Laptop with Ram 8GB, 1 Tb HDD freezes when I use more than 1 tab in edge. I earlier had this issue with chrome too then i Reset my PC and was advied to use only Edge but now I am facing the same issue with Edge. KIndly Help....
  5. Using Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Using Microsoft Edge: Im using the Edge browser and have it set as my default browser but every time I launch it I have to sign into Gmail, Facebook etc, anyone know how I can fix it so i dont have to keep signing in? TIA 160887
  6. Laptop hangs when i switch on and to use it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop hangs when i switch on and to use it: Hello. i have Acer nitro 5 AN515-52 and bought in Oct 2019. Lately, the display was flickering and notification pops showing "display driver failed to start". And at that time I thought it is because i haven't installed the antivirus, and luckily after installing the...
  7. Windows 10 Error Message using Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Error Message using Microsoft Edge: Hi all, Desktop PC is using the latest version of Windows 10. The last few nights I've noticed that I've been getting an error message when I've been on the internet using Microsoft Edge. It comes with a beeping noise and it keeps telling me that files are corrupt and to...
  8. Unable to highlight when using AOL email on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to highlight when using AOL email on Microsoft Edge: I use AOL email with Microsoft Edge. I have previously had no problem highlighting portions of emails when replying or forwarding. This facility seems to have disappeared, but is still there if I use Internet Explorer. I thought Edge was an upgrade; can anyone explain why...
  9. Edge hanging up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge hanging up: When I use my computer after it has sat for a couple of hours, anything I open on Edge freezes requiring Edge to be closed. When I try to reopen it, I get the blue screen with the Edge logo, but it doesn't proceed beyond there. In order to fix it, the computer must be...
  10. Use Microsoft Edge Snooze in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Microsoft Edge Snooze in Windows 10: How to: Use Microsoft Edge Snooze in Windows 10 How to Snooze in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...