Windows 10: Windows 10 hard drive constantly running

Discus and support Windows 10 hard drive constantly running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I have a 6 month old computer running windows 10. Ever since new I have noticed that the hard drive seems to be almost constantly working. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattO'Sullivan1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 hard drive constantly running

Hi. I have a 6 month old computer running windows 10. Ever since new I have noticed that the hard drive seems to be almost constantly working. This happens in sleep mode, and also at night. How can I stop the things incessant chattering without unplugging it?

:)

MattO'Sullivan1, Dec 16, 2018
  2. little cat, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Since Installing Anniversary Update Hard Drive Sounds Like it's Running Constantly

Hello Bob,

As per the description, I would suggest you to follow the below methods, and check.

Method 1: I recommend you to check the performance of the hard disk in the task manager.

To check follow the steps,

1. Press Windows + X, select Task manager.

2. Under processes tab, monitor the disk usage, and also check under the Performance tab.

Method 2: Also, follow the below steps to run the check disk.

• Press Windows + X, select Command prompt (admin) mode.

• Type in the following command which will run a check disk.
    Chkdsk /r/f

3. Hit Enter
    Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Please let us know if the issue got fixed or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 hard drive constantly running

Partitioning Hard Drives to run windows and linux

Hi All,

I have a tower with two hard drives. Until now I have been running windows on the first drive and using the second drive as backup. Now I reformatted the backup drive and installed Fedora Core. The installation was successful but how do I get the computer to boot from that drive? I'm in the BIOS and I see where the windows-platform drive is listed as my primary. I scrolled up to this line in the BIOS and tried pressing the spacebar, the return key, the left and right arrows but nothing will change the windows drive to the linux drive.

Can anyone tell me precisely and specifically how to make this change? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

DanSandbergUCONN, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 hard drive constantly running

1. Windows 10 hard drive constantly running - Similar Threads - hard drive constantly

2. Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update: What is it that since I did my last Windows 11 update a few days ago that the hard drive on my laptop seems to be almost constantly running???? Never had that issue before. Every time I open a document of any type it starts running and stays running. It goes off for a minute...
  3. Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update: What is it that since I did my last Windows 11 update a few days ago that the hard drive on my laptop seems to be almost constantly running???? Never had that issue before. Every time I open a document of any type it starts running and stays running. It goes off for a minute...
  4. Hard Drive running at 100% constantly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive running at 100% constantly.: Hi community,I just restarted my laptop few minutes ago , and i just wanted to see CPU usage after restarting , so I went to task manager , and i saw my internal HDD of my laptop is running at constant 100% for few min , i just want to know is it normal or is something wrong...
  5. 2nd hard drive constantly restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd hard drive constantly restarting: Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives seems fine. They are used for extra image storage and one is a scratch drive for Photoshop. This had been a problem at 2...
  6. PC is constantly writing to the hard drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is constantly writing to the hard drive.: My PC has a problem with a constant stream of errors reported in Event Viewer. This is creating constant writing to the primary HDD. The most common event id's are 7024, 23 and 35. Can anyone help with this please?...
  7. How to run Windows 10 from external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run Windows 10 from external hard drive?: How to run Windows 10 from external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-windows-10-from-external-hard-drive/bce57bfe-33ec-4dd1-9e27-2101a005c2b4
  8. Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation: My hard drive is always on 100% utilisation as soon as I start up my PC. I have turned off all start up apps, and I my PC is idling and yet it's at 100% utilisation. It's frustrating! I would appreciate it if someone knows what is going on. Thanks! submitted by...
  9. Hard drive run on.

Hard drive run on.: Can anyone tell me why my hard drive runs almost continuously on my Windows 10 Home Edition Build 180914 rs5 release 180914-1434 and how do I fix it. Its a home built Desktop with a 1.0 TB Western Digital SATA hard drive. My Lenovo Laptop with basically the same system...
  10. Hard Drive Constantly Running

Hard Drive Constantly Running: I've had a couple or hard drive failures in recent years and I can't help but think its caused by the drive simply wearing out prematurely as a result of constantly clicking on/off. Even in the middle of night it doesn't stop. I've read that its the result of "systems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive constantly running windows 10

2. hard drive constantly running

3. windows 10 hard drive constantly running

4. windows 10 hard drive runs constantly,
  5. hard drive running continuously windows 10,
  6. windows 10 hard drive running constantly,
  7. win 10 hard drive always running,
  8. hard drive running,
  9. windows 10 hard drive always running,
  10. hard drive runs continuously windows 10,
  11. my hard drive runs constantly win 10,