Windows 10: windows 10 hard drive failed

Discus and support windows 10 hard drive failed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dgardner_9, Jun 10, 2019.

1. windows 10 hard drive failed

windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i have to spend $99 to reinstall windows 10 and get a product key?

:)

Dgardner_9, Jun 10, 2019

2. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 10, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 hard drive failed

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 hard drive failed

1. windows 10 hard drive failed - Similar Threads - hard drive failed

2. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive: I bought a used pc with Windows 10 pre-installed, but now the hard drive has failed and I have a new one to install.Is Windows 10 registered to the hard drive or the motherboard/device?Obviously I don't have access to the account that originally purchased this copy of Windows...
  3. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive: I bought a used pc with Windows 10 pre-installed, but now the hard drive has failed and I have a new one to install.Is Windows 10 registered to the hard drive or the motherboard/device?Obviously I don't have access to the account that originally purchased this copy of Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.: I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9107c, Win10 Home 64bit upgraded from Win 7, the computer is stock except for the graphic card original card fail and a PCIe USB 3.0 card, both installed about 3yrs+ ago. The HDD currently in the computer is a Seagate Barracuda 750GB...
  6. windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.: I have a lenovo thinkpad that's only drive (hdd) is starting to go. the computer blue screens multiple times a day then fails to reboot without a little persuasion. I have an ssd i'd like to replace the existing drive with but i don't know if i will need a new windows license...
  7. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail: I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD to start the process. My HP Laptop is an OEM win 10. The hard drive passed away due to mechanical fail, I replaced it with...
  8. Hard drive failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive failing?: Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run tests on my hard...
  9. Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?: I just checked that my hard drive is failing. Fortunately, I can still use it at this moment and backed up everything, but there's one thing I want to back up which I don't know how to. If I were to buy a new hard drive, is there a way I could use my Win10 OS , which is...
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...