Windows 10: Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Discus and support Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Crwdad3, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Crwdad3 Win User

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive.

Thanks!

:)

Crwdad3, Jan 7, 2020
  2. cjoesgirl Win User

new hard drive windows license.

can I use the license key from a windows 7 computer that was upgraded to windows 10 on a new hard drive for that same computer. My original hard drive failed.

cjoesgirl, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

little cat, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

1. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive - Similar Threads - hard drive failure

2. Hard Drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  3. hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive failure: Windows 10 64 bit posting from second PC HD failure id 9GDUWF-7QFA4R-GXPSMG-6OTO3 Does this mean that I need to replace the HD or is there a fix for it. 157602
  4. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: Support assist revealed a Hard Drive malfunction and manufacturer recommends installing a new drive. They are sending with Windows loaded. This alone makes me nervous. Typically my tech who is off site would re load and eliminate unnecessary stuff. I don't even know what...
  5. Window 10 Hard drive Failure

Window 10 Hard drive Failure: My laptop I purchased in December 2017 had a hard drive failure. I have gone to HP for troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix it. I am ok with getting another Hard drive however I cannot find the image file the I backed up. How can I reload Windows 10 on the new hard...
  6. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  7. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  8. Hard Drive Failure?

Hard Drive Failure?: I have 2 SSD's and 1 HDD in my system. The HDD (F:\) is a 2 TB data drive that I use as a primary backup drive. A few days back the PC was very slow to boot up and flashed a message, something about repairing Drive F: After booting into Windows 10 Pro x64, I could not...
  9. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...
  10. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: The hard drive in my ASUS laptop has failed - completely and permanently. Fortunately this laptop has only been used for a daily mobile use and all important data is been backed up. I also used 'ProduKey' long ago to record the keys on this and my other units. ASUS support...