Windows 10: Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success.

Discus and support Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a 2017 Dell Inspiron 300 series Windows 10 pre-installed in February & after 6 weeks it started freezing (especially iTunes),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Praellwyn, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Praellwyn Win User

Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success.

Hi!

I bought a 2017 Dell Inspiron 300 series Windows 10 pre-installed in February & after 6 weeks it started freezing (especially iTunes), programs opened & closed spontaneously, the laptop would just freeze. ALL of the screens of death. F2 startup menu claims no hard drive. No boot device detected F2 startup menu claims no hard drive. Hard drive crashed. & new Western Digital external drive which was supposed to be continuously saving was actually only going thru the motions. The light was blinking but no saving. NEED info on hard drive. Dell replaced it but it only lasted 2 months. Same problems. Mouse driver update = it no longer works. 'net says it's a common Windows 10 problem. Touchpad is iffy, 50/50 it might respond. From there I discovered online that my hard drive issues are widely shared & possibly/probably caused by glitches with Windows 10. Dell customer service is telephone only for Canada & the line is terrible. It keeps cutting out & dropping calls. NOT my phone's fault since it's the only # I've called with this cell to have this problem. Long distance (India). Don't care where support is but iChat removed from Dell Canada site? So much easier but now forced to waste more time hunting answers online. Dell customer care/tech support = replace hard drive & no help with mouse.

Command Prompt via Dell usb Windoows 10 recovery stick:

FixBoot= I/O error

FixMbr = I/O error

ScanOS = successful but no Windows found so it fails

RebuildBcd = I/O error

BootMgr = I/O error

chkdsy = Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected. All found "solutions" failed.

Restoring from Dell Windows 10 usb = Drive Space is too small. Found solutions to convince PC re: this issue are a bust.

Tried ALL 'net solutions but nothing works. Any help? Thnx Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success. :)

:)

Praellwyn, Oct 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my Dell inspiron laptop

For what it is worth my daughter has a one year old dell inspiron 11 3147 and I have a 4 month old Dell inspiron 7348. My daughters hard drive became unusable after an hour or so of upgrading and rebooting. Spent 10 hours and called dell and they replaced
    drove but I am convinced wasn't (I was a window system engineer for over a decade).

Now my Dell 7348 had similar issue 3 months after running Windows 10. Dell diagnostics showed bad drive and they are replacing but I have never list two new hard drives so quickly (and different hard drive vendors).

Dave-Andrews, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Hard drive failed how to install windows on new hard drive

Please help.......I had purchased dell inspiron 3542 laptop with preinstalled Windows 8.1( currently upgraded to Windows10 ) . Just few days back my hard drive failed with error 0142 and dell said you have to replace your hard drive. I went to local shop
    and he replaced my hard drive.

But now I have no OS ,no warranty and I have no other recovery or anything except my Microsoft registered Mail ID. I contacted Dell for my windows product key and they simply refused to give me my own Windows 8.1 key and said I have to pay Rupees 3500!!!
    to install my very own OS on PC. I also contacted Microsoft and they said they cannot help without OEM file. I heard that one can install windows with iso file and therefore I went to dell website with My dell service tag and there I see windows 8.1 iso file
    and other driver files. Is it possible to install same windows on my new hard drive without dell help ? Can anyone help me. I am a lower middle class person from India and financially not a good month going for me and had asked my parent to replace for my
    hard drive but they don't have money now for new OS install price asked by dell. I will be very obliged If one can suggest me anything

Shivamgetz, Oct 12, 2018
  4. TTU
    TTU Win User

Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success.

Failed Hard Drive - No Bootable Devices found!! Advice please!

My SSD hardrive failed in my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop a few weeks ago with a "No Bootable Devices Found" error message at startup BIOS.
    I was hoping some of you have experience salvaging data in these type of situations.

What I've tried

• I tried loading Ubuntu on a thumb drive to try to access the hard drive -- no go. The drive did not show up in the devices list.
    • I tried reconnecting the hardrive drive from the labtop in case there was a faulty connection and to reset the drive, no go.
    • I tried using SATA to usb cable to see if I can clone the drive, but the drive is not being read. It shows the Cable interface is connected with 0MB connected to it.
    • When booting, I could not find the drive in the list. When I used ubuntu via USB, the usb did show up and was booted from.
    Questions

• Does windows 10 have any security features which would prevent ubuntu from reading the hard drive?
    What Happened Prior To Failure

• I was connecting a new vizio tv to the laptop via hdmi 2 when I noticed the drive began to be sluggish. Task manager showed 100 percent memory disk usage so I rebooted while it was in this state. Never got it running again. The initial boot a memory test ran and showed no errors were preset. The boots that followed showed no bootable devices found.
    Hard Drive

• The Hard Drive in question is a LITEON SATA SSD 512 GB
    • Windows 10
    • Dell Inspiron 15
    I know this is a long shot, but figured I'd ask to see if I can somehow manually salvage the data. If I can't find a solution myself, I might have to send it off to a data retrieval company, which is very expensive. Any advice?
    Attached are a few error messages and the hard drive information.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2U6lSEG_3j9V2ZmdFlOVzVTRms

IMG_20171013_124233.jpg - Google Drive

IMG_20171013_124248.jpg - Google Drive

Thema:

1. Windows 10!!! Hard Drive in New Dell Inspiron 11 Keeps Failing, Tried All Solutions No Success. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Dell

2. Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed: I have tried several possible fixes, like deleting the contents of the "SoftwareDistribution" folder, and scanning with command prompt, the scan did say that there were no errors/corruptions found. I believe I have enough space in my C drive too.I don't know what to do...
  3. Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps failing tried many possible solutions, but still failed: I have tried several possible fixes, like deleting the contents of the "SoftwareDistribution" folder, and scanning with command prompt, the scan did say that there were no errors/corruptions found. I believe I have enough space in my C drive too.I don't know what to do...
  4. Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5: I am a Windows Insider, and moved on to Windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎09-‎15 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0 I am getting a message on the top in Settings, Windows Update. So when will...
  5. Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron i5: I am a Windows Insider, and moved on to Windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎09-‎15 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0 I am getting a message on the top in Settings, Windows Update. So when will...
  6. Trying to install windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron: I just finished creating a windows installation thing on a usb flash drive with windows media creation tool and now when I boot from the usb a blue screen appears then the laptop turns off. What am I getting wrong here? btw the laptop works and I am writing this from it here...
  7. windows 10 hard drive failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 hard drive failed: windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i have to spend $99 to reinstall windows 10 and get a product key?...
  8. Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails

Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails: This laptop came with Vista and I was able to upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and both keys are found in the system by ShowKey Plus Further to my thread Application that will check the compatibility of all existing hardware I have opened this new thread which is about upgrade...
  9. New Inspiron 5680 Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Inspiron 5680 Hard Drive: So this might be a question already asked before, but I Just recently got a brand new Inspiron 5680. It's been great, but there's something I noticed. I bought the one with the 2 TB storage, and I came to find out that all of that storage isn't even being used, and I'm...
  10. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail: I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD to start the process. My HP Laptop is an OEM win 10. The hard drive passed away due to mechanical fail, I replaced it with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update keeps failing dell inspirion