Windows 10: Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

Discus and support Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9107c, Win10 Home 64bit upgraded from Win 7, the computer is stock except for the graphic card original card fail and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Flybizz, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Flybizz Win User

Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9107c, Win10 Home 64bit upgraded from Win 7, the computer is stock except for the graphic card original card fail and a PCIe USB 3.0 card, both installed about 3yrs+ ago. The HDD currently in the computer is a Seagate Barracuda 750GB ST3750528AS.The HDD is failing so I would like to replace it with a New 2TB HDD instead of the 750GB that's in the computer now. I have already created a Windows 10 Installation media on a USB Drive and an ISO file to DVD Disc using the "Windows10 installation media" creation tool from Microsoft' website. I have

:)

Flybizz, Sep 18, 2021

2. Windows 10-Replacing failed hard drive

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS15 that was running Windows 10 but the hard drive has failed completely and needs replacing. How do I go about installing and activating Windows 10 on a replacement hard drive?

Thanks

BarrieMorris, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

Recovery options in Windows

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

1. Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Failing

2. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  3. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  4. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Help needed with hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed with hard drive: Can anyone help me with this issue, basically it started yesterday when my computer decided to update itself and then ended up taking over 4 hours to get to 26% and so I decided to shut my computer down. After I had turned it back on it removed any changes or had done and...
  6. Hard drive replace

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive replace: I had a corrupt Hard drive and sent my laptop off to be fixed. They have replace the failed hard drive and update the operating system. I have now lost everything, photos, documents etc. not that great with tech through some research I'm guessing everything was saved on my...
  7. Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive fail - replaced - Windows reinstall issues: Dell Inspiron 3670. Purchased with win 10 Pro installed in 2018. SSD died on Monday. Tested in BIOS - DEAD. New SSD installed yesterday. Used Windows 10 installation media creation tool to create USB installation drive and input the wrong email address while reinstalling...
  8. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  9. Hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive replacement: Hello everyone, I am shopping for a new PC from HP. I am thinking ahead of time so that I can be ready for when this happens. I know that over time hard drives begin to slow down and then eventually stop working. So in the future, what will happen when I replace the hard...
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...