Windows 10: Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability

Discus and support Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just tried to use Clonezilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DCBUS, Oct 4, 2020.

1. DCBUS Win User

Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability

Hello,
    I just tried to use Clonezilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable USB with Microsoft Media Creation Utility, and used all its trouble shooting, no boot. What is left, possibly trying to install Windows 10 again and hope it repairs and not over writes. Issue is I can not get to the recovery partition to run it. Is there a recovery I can download that will update and fix errors. I do not want to over write any data. What caused the loss of the boot loader?

Is there any way to boot through a USB so I can access the recovery portion of the drive. the creation Utility does not allow me to view the files in the drive partitions.

Thank you,
    JR

:)

DCBUS, Oct 4, 2020
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't boot with another hard drive

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide details.

1) On which hard drive, you are trying to install Windows 10?

2) What is the size of the drive, where you are trying to install Windows 10?

I would suggest you to perform Check Disk on your hard drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Cskdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 4, 2020
  4. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hard Drive Lost Boot Capability - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Lost

2. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  3. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Administrator Capabilities: I am currently unable to install files or make any changes to my account to give myself admin access, for example, I can't run CMD as an administrator, the only message I receive is "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." and I only have an alternative to choose...
  4. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability: Hello, I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable...
  5. Lost hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost hard drives: I have a somewhat complicated set up with two computers, a main and the backup, and a large number of peripherals that are attached to switches to move them between the two computers. The problem I have is on my main computer and concerns three USB external hard drives. They...
  6. Lost Bluetooth Capability

Lost Bluetooth Capability: I followed instructions uninstalling Bluetooth Device and my Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio X70-A. How can I get the Bluetooth Icon so I and switch my Bluetooth on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bluetooth-capability/16af073b-bede-43cc-a67b-c39c2625cd06
  7. Lost bluetooth capability

Lost bluetooth capability: I use a dell inspiron 5570 intel core I7-7500U with 16 gb ram, 64 based system. Lost complete bluetooth connectivity/capability. There are no bluetooth icon on the system, tried several option on device manager as well checking bluetooth status bluetooth supports service...
  8. lost capability to resize windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost capability to resize windows: have lost the ability to resize and open multiple windows on the desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-capability-to-resize-windows/5cc85326-7e81-4d85-8c89-12acb93a3990
  9. Lost dual boot with two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost dual boot with two hard drives: ***Modify title from: LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.*** Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located on another 1 TB...
  10. 2 hard drives lost boot

in Windows 10 Support
    2 hard drives lost boot: Not so sure my title is fitting, sorry i haven't been around in along time,, anyhow my issue is odd,, last night my battery back up fried out in the middle of the night it wont power on without the alarm going off like crazy. So after eliminating that then i couldn't get my...