Windows 10: Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hartmana, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hartmana Win User

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old hard drive has started skipping and isn't running near as quickly as my other hard drives. I have a brand new barracuda 2tb hard drive that has been sitting in my case doing absolutely nothing because I haven't been able to figure out how to transfer my windows 10 pro copy to the hard drive without having to purchase another Windows 10 copy. This is due to the fact that I did not purchase the copy of windows and I have no clue where to find my digital license which says it is linked to my Microsoft account. I simply just want my windows 10 pro copy to transfer and I do not care if it wipes all the rest of my data. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to accomplish my task?

:)

Hartmana, Mar 27, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

1. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Transfer

2. hard drive transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hard drive transfer: can I transfer my ssd hard drive with the windows 10 home upgrade it is the retail version it is on a gateway fx 6803-25 to a new motherboard that is the gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER...
  3. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  4. PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive: The drive that is in my PC has filled up, so i ordered a new external hard drive but im unsure of how to get some apps onto this drive and to have my computer start to put information onto this external drive....
  5. Hard Drive Transfer

Hard Drive Transfer: Hello,I am finishing my first pc build and I would like to know if I can Transfer from my laptop2009ish to my new desktop my hard drive+window 10 i have install. I have a key from a paid version of win 7 installed under the free win 10 upgrade.Im guessing i just hook the HDD...
  6. How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When upgrading or changing primary HDD/SSD in Windows, it’s painful if you need to install Windows 10 again. Not only does it take time, but it is also tedious to install Windows updates, drivers, apps, and configure everything again. Since [...] This post...
  7. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive: Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-hard-drive/8416286a-0f0e-412a-a166-567a3667d147
  8. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....