Windows 10: Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Hard Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, fresh ex Mac newbie here. I've just built my own system and without going into too much detail right now, I've encountered a problem that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InsideMitch66, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Hi all, fresh ex Mac newbie here. I've just built my own system and without going into too much detail right now, I've encountered a problem that's making this experience a disappointing experience. I can run any and all programs without any problems, pushing capabilities etc. However, about 20% of the time I move my cursor across from one window to the next, or across state changes (from point to input or point to scroll) the screen (and PC) freezes and I can't even get to task manager (al lights on PC stay on and even HD continues functioning). I've stress tested al components, ran all tests, reinstalled a fresh new Windows but it still happens.

Is this something that people have experienced before and if so, could you point me in the right direction taking into account I've done the obvious bits to resolve.

A MILLION THANK YOUS!!!!

:)

InsideMitch66, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hard Freezing

1. Windows 10 Hard Freezing - Similar Threads - Hard Freezing

2. Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again: Sometimes my PC will freeze to the point where I can no longer press any buttons or open any new pages including task manager, but my mouse still moves. I can't press the reset button because I can't click to open it. When I hard reset and reboot my PC, the USB for my audio...
  3. File History external hard drive freezes computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History external hard drive freezes computer: FYI - After switching to Windows 10 I chose to try File History to backup my data files. When the external hard drive is connected, my computer will freeze whenever the hard drive light is on. I am using a Dell laptop with wireless mouse and keyboard through a Dell "docking"...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown

Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown: I wake up the computer monitor asleepI go to the open Chrome browser.I try to reload one of the open tabs.I notice I can't click on anything else on the desktop.I close Chrome.I can move the mouse cursor freely, but cannot click anything.I notice the cursor turns to a loading...
  5. PC hard freezes when I am NOT gaming

PC hard freezes when I am NOT gaming: System:CPU: Ryzen threadripper 2950x 16 coreGPU: EVGA RTX 2080TI blackMemory: 32GB ballistic DDR4Motherboard: X399 phantom gaming 6BIOS version: 1.30Ok so this problem started a few days ago after I updated my bios to version 1.30.The PC will hard freeze when doing anything...
  6. PC Suddenly Freezes, and a hard restart is needed

PC Suddenly Freezes, and a hard restart is needed: I have just built a new PC, and my first built PC at that, and every so often it seems to just flat out freeze until I hold the power button to turn it off or press the reset button. I have checked my QA codes for my motherboard however as it's frozen it only shows the QA...
  7. Alienware M18X R2 hard freeze after idle time (hours - days)

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware M18X R2 hard freeze after idle time (hours - days): Hi everyone!, I've been having an ongoing problem with random hard freezes after idle time, since the first day i picked up this Alienware M18X R2 1.5 years ago. Back Story, i picked up this M18X r2 with the dell OEM 330 watt power adapter with alot of problems, for if i...
  8. Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Slow Freeze until necessity of Hard Reboot: Hi,I recently built a new system but have been having a problem with the windows 10 operating system. What essentially keeps happening is that the operating system slowly begins to freeze up while it is in use. The typical first indication of this occurring is that the system...
  9. Freezes since Windows 10 20H2, Hard reset recquiered

Freezes since Windows 10 20H2, Hard reset recquiered: Hello,In march 2020, my windows 10 asked my to do an update so I did, since this update I had a lot of "randoms" freezes. I'll give all details I noticed:What is happening : -Computer Clock freezes at bottom right of the screen-I can still use my mouse-Trying to launch any...
  10. PC hard restarts or hard freezes when left idle for about 10 minutes

PC hard restarts or hard freezes when left idle for about 10 minutes: Hey, everyone, I have been having this problem for quite some time now, though I cannot pinpoint exactly when they started. Basically, my PC will hard restart or freeze, sometimes it will give a BSOD, sometimes it will not, when I leave it idle for about 10 minutes. It...