Windows 10: Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Hard Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, fresh ex Mac newbie here. I've just built my own system and without going into too much detail right now, I've encountered a problem that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InsideMitch66, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Hi all, fresh ex Mac newbie here. I've just built my own system and without going into too much detail right now, I've encountered a problem that's making this experience a disappointing experience. I can run any and all programs without any problems, pushing capabilities etc. However, about 20% of the time I move my cursor across from one window to the next, or across state changes (from point to input or point to scroll) the screen (and PC) freezes and I can't even get to task manager (al lights on PC stay on and even HD continues functioning). I've stress tested al components, ran all tests, reinstalled a fresh new Windows but it still happens.

Is this something that people have experienced before and if so, could you point me in the right direction taking into account I've done the obvious bits to resolve.

A MILLION THANK YOUS!!!!

:)

InsideMitch66, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Hard Freezing

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Hard Freezing

1. Windows 10 Hard Freezing - Similar Threads - Hard Freezing

2. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  3. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  4. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.: I've been having trouble with my computer since June of last year. It started when Diablo 4 came out, my pc would go black and restart randomly when playing that. Usually I would look back and see I had a BSOD that I just couldn't see.My pc would occasionally do this until it...
  5. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.: I've been having trouble with my computer since June of last year. It started when Diablo 4 came out, my pc would go black and restart randomly when playing that. Usually I would look back and see I had a BSOD that I just couldn't see.My pc would occasionally do this until it...
  6. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset: I'm worried this is a hardware issue. Sometimes the trasparency effects produce this blurred noise pattern too. My laptop is still under warranty so I'm wondering if I should replace it.Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff870600772010Parameter 2:...
  8. Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset

Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset: I'm worried this is a hardware issue. Sometimes the trasparency effects produce this blurred noise pattern too. My laptop is still under warranty so I'm wondering if I should replace it.Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff870600772010Parameter 2:...
  9. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  10. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...