Windows 10: Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day, I have an HP 15-r209ni laptop. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1 64 bit which I upgraded for free to Windows 10. The hard disk crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DwayneSmail, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

Good day,

I have an HP 15-r209ni laptop. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1 64 bit which I upgraded for free to Windows 10.

The hard disk crashed and I had to format the drive. The drive is now formatted and installed and now ready for a fresh Windows installation.

I have a home PC running Windows 10 32 bit from which I created a USB Recovery Drive.

I inserted the USB Recovery Drive into the laptop and started up pressing F11 to enter recovery mode but nothing happens. I don't see any recovery options or the boot menu from the Recovery Drive. All I see is a black screen with:

"Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard disk 3F0

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup"

Please assist, thanks

Dwayne

:)

DwayneSmail, Feb 14, 2020
  2. quickie Win User

System Recovery on Different HardDrive

I got the same harddrive drive, just to be safe.

But I did try putting the recovery disc on another computer. It would seem to work as I got to the recovery options (but obviously didn't install the image).

quickie, Feb 14, 2020
  3. harddrive crashed on laptop with no CD drive

Is there a way to boot a laptop with a crashed harddrive and no CD drive? usb thumb boot maybe?

DonRubottom, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

1. Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Harddrive Crash Recovery

2. Windows 10 crashes to recovery screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes to recovery screen: Recently I noticed my ancient laptop hanging and crashing so I tried rolling back to a earlier restore point however it failed to restore and now it keeps crashing straight to windows recovery environment. I've tried letting it repair but it always hit a critical process...
  3. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  4. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  5. Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes: My windows has a problem where going into settings -> updates and security -> recovery causes the settings window to close probably crashed. So I can't exactly recover my windows. I have already looked around and tried the DISM and SFC solutions that gets recommended in those...
  6. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Recovery Drive: I tried using a 32G drive to create a Recovery Drive. I used the instructions in Windows 10. But, I finally get the message "can't create recovery drive." What is the problem?...
  7. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: About 6 months ago I was having problems with my Surface Pro 4 so wiped the drive & re-installed from an ISO that I downloaded to a USB stick. Since then, I have had various problems like short life battery, blue screens & others. I would like to have a go at re installing...
  8. recovery after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    recovery after harddrive failure: before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365....
  9. reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive

reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive: My hard drive has crashed How do I access the Windows 10 operating system from the hard drive as a disc was never provided? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-from-crashed-harddrive/36ab05a1-a59a-4610-a198-080de98f5069
  10. Windows 10 recovery drive

Windows 10 recovery drive: Windows 10, all updates. I am trying to create a recovery drive. I have opened the utility, but it is stalled - it has been saying "please wait" for more than 30 minutes. It hasn't even asked for a USB drive destination. I've tried restarting the laptop, same issue....