Windows 10: Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi

Discus and support Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our building internet speed is 1gb. All our Windows 10 computers when hardwired run at about 80mbps. On WiFi they run at about 200mbps. We ran tests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickKnisely, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi

Our building internet speed is 1gb. All our Windows 10 computers when hardwired run at about 80mbps. On WiFi they run at about 200mbps.

We ran tests using a Mac laptop and it tests at over 800mpbs and also on LINUX desktop they get over 800mpbs. This is speed we would expect from Windows 10.

We have tested plugging the same Cat 5e cable to Mac that is used by Windows 10 and it receives 800mbps.

I have booted up my on Windows 10 laptop on memory stick that holds LINUX OS and it is able to get over 800mbps.

We have try all the options we see on googling to help WIndows 10 speed, but nothing works.

This gap between Windows 10 performance and Mac/Linux is far to huge to ignore. Something is throttling back all our windows 10 laptop/desktops.

:)

RickKnisely, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  3. peter4076 Win User
    Hardwiring & Wifi...the same password!!!

Just a general question.
    When I use a lappy/tablet/mobile phone on wifi, for the first time it asks for a password...fair enough, but when something is hard wired TV, PC, Laptop, surely it isn't the same password or is it? or is their another password for hardwiring, your thoughts as always most appreciated.

peter4076, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi

1. Windows 10 hardwired slower then Wifi - Similar Threads - hardwired slower Wifi

2. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi is now slower: alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand i know its not my wifi plan because im useing wireless wi-fi soidk whats wrong but please helpim a highschool student and...
  3. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi is now slower: alright so listen like last month or like december i updated my computer right, and after that update my wifi on my computer is going veryyyyyy slowand i know its not my wifi plan because im useing wireless wi-fi soidk whats wrong but please helpim a highschool student and...
  4. my wifi is now slower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my wifi is now slower

6. hardwired internet connection

hardwired internet connection: i have a few laptops hooked up to a spectrum cable modem through a linksys befsr41 router..no wifi.too frequently after being after being away from my laptops i'll go to access the internet and cannot reach the sites.this problem is always rectified by rebooting the linksys...
  7. Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can hardwired PC screen mirror to TV on WiFi?: So I’ve got my pc hooked up to my router via Ethernet cable, and a TV that is on the same routers wireless WiFi network. My TCL roku tv (q825) should support MiraCast. I’m wondering if my PC has to be on the wireless WiFi to screen mirror to the TV? submitted by...
  8. 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz: I have a laptop with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Network Adapter version 12.0.0.938 . I have wifi network with 300mbps bandwidth. When i connect to 2.4Ghz network I get the speed of 150mbps but when i connect to 5Ghz network,I only get 72.2mbps. When i speedtest my iphone using...
  9. Windows 10 is slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slower: Hello! I keep seeing irrelevant posts about this so I ask you again with hopes of a competent solution to this. I bought a Lenovo Legion desktop yesterday. Don't mind about the specs, it is a beast. I installed Windows 8.1 and after I saw there are no drivers on lenovo...
  10. Hardwiring & Wifi...the same password!!!

Hardwiring & Wifi...the same password!!!: Just a general question. When I use a lappy/tablet/mobile phone on wifi, for the first time it asks for a password...fair enough, but when something is hard wired TV, PC, Laptop, surely it isn't the same password or is it? or is their another password for hardwiring, your...