Windows 10: Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help

Discus and support Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, As noted, I have gone through a lot of trouble trying to install Windows 10. Originally, I didn't want it, but software I wished to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrewCorner1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help

Hi there,

As noted, I have gone through a lot of trouble trying to install Windows 10.

Originally, I didn't want it, but software I wished to use required it, so I reluctantly did the upgrade.

I found on some forums that it was possible to do it for free, so attempted this route and WAS successful, however, there were some stability issues almost immediately, the computer just shut down abruptly and rebooted a few times, and would show that an update was in process upon automatic rebooting. I'd say this happened about 3 times over the course of approximately 1-2 weeks. I tried to find the update settings to see if this was why, but couldn't locate them immediately and meant to go back to it.

However. I did in the meantime download a program from "Magix" which must have filled my hard drive almost to full capacity, and the next time I tried to boot up my computer, I was stuck rolling over for several cycles until "recovery" came up. At that point I selected to revert back to a previous build or something like that, and what ended up happening was my Windows software reverted back to Windows 7 Ultimate, however,now I can't "activate" the copy.

I ran a couple of programs to find my key from installation a decade ago, and entered that for verification, but got back an error stating "error code 0xC004E003"?

So now when I tried to reinstall Windows 10, it says because my windows isn't verified, I need a key to install.

This is all VERY frustrating. I have looked for a solution, and found this:

"When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware your PC will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. "

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/windows-10-upgrade-activation-product-key/c50e0b9a-8ca7-4b5d-8ffd-245efe8661a1

So from that I understand that if I can just reinstall the software, my "digital entitlement" should activate the copy, but I can't install the software as there is no "skip" button.

Please help. I followed your rules, and now I'm being screwed over, as I already installed software and time into using windows 10. I have also bought a larger main drive, but I want to resolve this issue before I try migrating my information over.

Lastly, it's worth noting, that my email account even shows that I had it installed, and operational, as I linked it during the initial setup. See attached. Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help 72aea9ed-1a27-4eb8-b335-796947673be6?upload=true.jpg

It was only through installing and having Windows 10 crash my PC that I even ended up without an active copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please HELP.

:)

AndrewCorner1, Nov 20, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 20, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

Current builds allow direct installation of Windows 10 with Windows 8.1 or 7 keys. Only requirement is that Win7/8.1 keys have been activated before. Once it is registered with MS servers, that's that.

You can do the disk cloning, but you'll have to activate each individual system afterwards. Just to be sure, you can test this on just one workstation, just to be sure and not waste too much time.

I bought unused Windows 7 key and I couldn't clean install Windows 10 because the Win7 key was never activated before. So I had to first install Win7, activate it, upgrade it to Win10 and from then on, I can install Windows 10 clean. No need to activate, Windows links itself to server automatically and activates itself.

RejZoR, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help

1. Windows 10 has a digital activation, but now can't install Windows 10 without key - PLEASE help - Similar Threads - has digital activation

2. How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?: My friend's old laptop, it has terrible hardwareintel celeron, automatically updated to windows 11 even though it's far from eligible. It can't handle it, and is running very slowly. It has been more than 10 days since it had updated so we can't roll it back to windows 10....
  3. How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?: My friend's old laptop, it has terrible hardwareintel celeron, automatically updated to windows 11 even though it's far from eligible. It can't handle it, and is running very slowly. It has been more than 10 days since it had updated so we can't roll it back to windows 10....
  4. How to re-install windows 10 without losing digital keys?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 not activating, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not activating, please help!: Hello, I bought a code from Microsoft to activate windows. But it says that the code doesn't exist. Can you guys help me? submitted by /u/MrK1wis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnlyz0/windows_10_not_activating_please_help/
  6. Windows 10 activated without an key

Windows 10 activated without an key: Hi, I changed my hdd with ssd. Before that I had activated Windwos 8 which was upgraded to windows 10. Windows 8 I get with buying my laptop. I download windows 10 from Microsoft and installed it on my new ssd. Now my windows is activated without putting any key. Is...
  7. can't activated windows 10 pro please help me

can't activated windows 10 pro please help me: Split from this thread. can't activated windows 10 pro please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activated-windows-10-pro-please-help-me/7e7ed308-4f0a-4fa7-818e-7531cf416527"
  8. Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.: So i recently upgraded my SSD and CPU in my old pc, when reinstalling windows it refused to activate windows, i tried calling support 3 times. every time i got some one that literally could barely understand. All i could understand from the last person is i needed to install...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key

Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key: Hello, I have recently downloaded and activated Windows 10 Version 1809 with a digital activation key. I have since found that the industrial software that I am trying to install has a requirement of Windows 10 Version 1703. If I try to install the software on Version...
  10. Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key: I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 via USB from my old rig. I recorded the digital entitlement key down before I retired that PC. When I try to activate Windows using that key I get the error 0x803FA067. For context, I had a CD for Windows 8 (can't...