Windows 10: Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8

Discus and support Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My max (100) volume on Windows 10 is about 40% of what it used to be on previous windows. I can barely hear anything on YouTube. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nighteg, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Nighteg Win User

Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8

Hi everyone.
    My max (100) volume on Windows 10 is about 40% of what it used to be on previous windows. I can barely hear anything on YouTube.
    I found about 5-6 topics on google discussing this, but none of the solutions worked.
    I've tried reinstalling the driver, tried changing the frequencies, nothing works.
    I have a DELL laptop.
    I'd be grateful for a real solution.
    Thanks.

:)

Nighteg, Nov 27, 2015
  2. greysides Win User

Lumia 710 connectivity problem with CK 7W car kit

Raoul, sorry for the delayed response, it has taken a while to try out your suggestion.

Lowering the volume has helped to the point of the kit being usable.

It leaves the volume a little lower than I'd like but it's an acceptable compromise.

Thanks very much for the help.

greysides, Nov 27, 2015
  3. N95 radio volume

On my N95 mobile phone the radio max volume is much lower than the music max volume.

Is this normal?

eliasm---01, Nov 27, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Did you try enabling equalizer (or something like that) in the "improvements" tab inside Mixer configuration?.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 27, 2015
  5. Right click on the Volume control icon in your system tray, select "Playback Devices." Highlight "Speakers," then click "Properties," and click the "Enhancements" tab at the top. Select "Bass Boost," and "Loudness Equalization," and that should fix the volume right up. I have my master volume set at 35%, and it sounds perfect with the enhancements enabled. Hope that helps! *Smile

robertwnielsen, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Nighteg Win User
    Tnx guys. It's a bit better now, but still not even close to what it was on Windows 8.1 *Confused

Nighteg, Nov 27, 2015
  7. Well, I never had 8.1 (Jumped straight from 7-10), so all I'll say is glad your sound is a little better. *Smile

robertwnielsen, Nov 27, 2015
  8. luarpc Win User

You can use a software called DFX Audio Enhancer, i´ve used on another laptop! DFX dramatically improves the sound quality of your favorite programs and websites with 3D Surround, higher fidelity, booming bass and more, providing exceptional playback quality for all of your PC audio. In this laptop i have Sound Blaster Cinema with sound by dynaudio!!

luarpc, Nov 28, 2015
  9. Nighteg Win User
    Awesome! Thanks!

Nighteg, Nov 29, 2015
  10. RockyIV Win User
    I am going to try it. Thanks.

RockyIV, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8 - Similar Threads - has much lower

2. Lower than in windows 7 input buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower than in windows 7 input buffer: HiI use my windows 10 home laptop for music and the apps normally have virtual instrument plugins with their own interface. I am finding that on windows 10 & the same app, the same plugins all of them are not receiving mouse clicks when one of laptop keyboard keys is pressed....
  3. Lower than in windows 7 input buffer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower than in windows 7 input buffer: HiI use my windows 10 home laptop for music and the apps normally have virtual instrument plugins with their own interface. I am finding that on windows 10 & the same app, the same plugins all of them are not receiving mouse clicks when one of laptop keyboard keys is pressed....
  4. Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. It recognizes my 8 GB of RAM but only shows 2.93 GB as usable. I went on line used the suggested msconfig to change the maximum memory in the advanced boot settings to 8192. it was set at 0. I also went into system settings and turned...
  5. My Usable RAM is much LOWER than actual ram

My Usable RAM is much LOWER than actual ram: Hello! So, I've a very strange problem. I've HP Notebook and it was working fine but just recently it's giving me a very unusual type of error. I've 6 GB total installed RAM on my laptop but now it shows that only 1.69 GB is usable and the rest is Hardware Reserved. I tried...
  6. Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers have lower volume than normal: I've suddenly encountered a problem with my laptop speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) where the volume level has decreased. I would normally keep it at 40 but now I have to raise it to 70-80 to hear sound decently. I've tried updating my audio drivers and did troubleshoots but...
  7. Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording

Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording: When I'm using my monitor as a playback device via NVidia HD Audio (HDMI) the recorded sound is much quieter than what I'm hearing during recording. If I switch playback to Realtek HD Audio (motherboard's 3.5 mm plugs) recorded volume is just fine. On Windows 7 I had no such...
  8. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...
  9. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...
  10. Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker

Stereo Mix Volume Is Lower than the Speaker: I was changing the sound settings to make the Stereo Mix volume higher, including when I record something, but no luck. [img] [img] 108866