Windows 10: Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue

Discus and support Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows users who run recent (and not so recent) versions of Windows 10 may have noticed network connectivity issues recently. Microsoft acknowledged a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 27, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue

Windows users who run recent (and not so recent) versions of Windows 10 may have noticed network connectivity issues recently. Microsoft acknowledged a new issue for all supported versions of Windows 10 on March 26, 2020 that comes in two different severity levels.

The lighter issue changes the Internet connectivity icon of the operating system to one that indicates limited or no Internet connectivity even if that is not the case. Some users may also notice that some applications may not be able to connect to the Internet while the issue persists.

Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue windows-10-connectivity-issue.png

Microsoft notes that both issues may be experienced on devices that use a proxy connection or a virtual private network connection.

Devices using a proxy might show limited or no internet connection status

Devices using a manual or auto-configured proxy, especially with a virtual private network (VPN), might show limited or no internet connection status in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) in the notification area. This might happen when connected or disconnected to a VPN or after changing state between the two.

Devices with this issue, might also have issues reaching the internet using applications that use WinHTTP or WinInet. Examples of apps that might be affected on devices in this state are as follows but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Office365, Outlook, Internet Explorer 11, and some version of Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft lists Windows 10 version 1709 and higher on the client side as affected and Windows Server version 1709 and higher on the server side. Microsoft programs are especially affected by the issue according to the report as programs such as IE11, Microsoft Office, or Microsoft Teams may not be able to connect to the Internet.

The company is working on a resolution and plans to release an out-of-band patch in early April to resolve the issue.

Users may resolve the issue temporarily by restarting the device according to Microsoft.

Now You: Did you notice the issue on your devices?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue

Network Connectivity Issue

Hi,

The problem you've encountered with your network connection is most likely caused by an outdated network driver since this appeared after the recent update. We suggest updating the driver for your network adapter. Please follow the steps below:

• Right-click Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapters category.
    • Right-click the one that says Ethernet Connection, then click
      Update Driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows is unable to find a new driver for your network adapter, try checking its manufacturer's website.

If the above steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager, right-click the name your network adapter, then select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue

1. Windows 10 has a new network connectivity issue - Similar Threads - has network connectivity

2. My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.: As the title states, my Windows 11 PC has issues connecting to a single WiFi network.It only has issues connecting to this particular network. It can connect just fine to other networks. I’ve already tried all the pre-determined fixes on the Microsoft Support website to no...
  3. My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.: As the title states, my Windows 11 PC has issues connecting to a single WiFi network.It only has issues connecting to this particular network. It can connect just fine to other networks. I’ve already tried all the pre-determined fixes on the Microsoft Support website to no...
  4. windows 10 internet connection and network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 internet connection and network issues: I just purchased the below pc in April:Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHzInstalled RAM 12.0 GB 11.8 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEvery time my lock screen comes on I not only lose my internet connection, my...
  5. Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro and Network Connectivity issues: I have crawled through many posts in Google regarding this and cannot find a solution that explains this. I have a Dell Optiplex 790 running a clean copy of Windows 10Pro. For some reason, the network connection will randomly just stop working. The settings are all there but...
  6. Windows 10 network connection issue

Windows 10 network connection issue: I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot connect to a site. I have used all the self help troubleshooting available with Win 10, and the problem cannot be found. The...
  7. Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.

Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.: Hi, I have a couple of users now who have reported that they experience issues while connecting to the network drives. This happens randomly so it is actually hard to reproduce the problem. This has happened when the employee is working remotely and also when the employee...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue

Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue: Hi, We are expericeing an issue with Windows 10 1803, I know there are online forums and articles filled on the issues of 1803 (looks like a bad version of Windows 10). This issue we have is a strange one, With Windows 10 1803, we are unable to get IP address through...
  9. Windows 10 New Build Network Issue

Windows 10 New Build Network Issue: After upgrading to the new Windows 10 build: 15063.483 from it's previous build, all my mapped network drives that had worked previously are not working/can't connect to them. I've tried wiping my credentials used to log in, unmapped them, disconnected them... Can't even...
  10. Issue connecting to new WiFi Networks

Issue connecting to new WiFi Networks: I have been having issues with my laptop. I have an HP Envy DV7 Model: C2N70UA It was turned off for a few months, and when I turned it back on found out I could not connect to the internet, it gave a "connected no internet" message, but if I hovered over the wifi icon...