Windows 10: windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

Discus and support windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 has attempted to do an upgrade and failed, now computer is trying to undo the upgrade and has been trying to do this for several hours . It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kayjarrett, Feb 29, 2020.

1. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

Windows 10 has attempted to do an upgrade and failed, now computer is trying to undo the upgrade and has been trying to do this for several hours . It seems to be stuck. cannot do anything on the computer. any ideas about how to clear it?

:)

kayjarrett, Feb 29, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 29, 2020
  4. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

Upgrade attempted to install. Failed code C1900208

I have the same problem with my surface 3 pro windows 8.1 pro+mce and i did every steps which are suggested here. however, i could not fix the problem.

Any suggestion?

hamedahmadinia, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

1. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed. - Similar Threads - has attempted upgrade

2. Recovery attempt has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery attempt has failed: Hello,When I was trying to recover my laptop screen then after some time it shows the recovery attempt has failed. select one of the following buttons- save log, details, retry.But after I clicked on retry it shows no any response and I have to also mentioned that in my...
  3. Recovery attempt has failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery attempt has failed: Hello,When I was trying to recover my laptop screen then after some time it shows the recovery attempt has failed. select one of the following buttons- save log, details, retry.But after I clicked on retry it shows no any response and I have to also mentioned that in my...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating

Failed attempts to upgrade Window 10 versions very frustrating: I have a Lenovo Computer with the operating systemWindows 10 Pro. OS Build 14393.693. Installed Memory RAM is 4.00GB. Thesystem type is a 64bit operating system and a x64-based processor. Last successfully installed update was on November 20,2020 - Update for Windows 10,...
  8. Failed attempts to upgrade my Windows 10 Pro 1809 to 1909

Failed attempts to upgrade my Windows 10 Pro 1809 to 1909: Last failed install attempt on ‎11/‎09/‎2019 - 0x80240034 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 2 Last failed install attempt on ‎19/‎11/‎2019 - 0x800704c7 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 2 Failed to install on ‎19/‎04/‎2020 - 0x80070003 Feature update to...
  9. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587
  10. Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?: At around 23:22 EST on Friday, July 29th, I began the subject upgrade process, assuming I'd be able to “slide in under the deadline wire.” And perhaps I did . . . or could have. But somewhere along the line, something seems to have gone wrong. And I think it's probably my own...