Windows 10: Windows 10 has been hot garbage.

Discus and support Windows 10 has been hot garbage. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So where to begin. Ive been a lifelong windows user and avid supporter of microsoft breaking antitrust legislation. Because they had working products.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boonry, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Boonry Win User

Windows 10 has been hot garbage.

So where to begin. Ive been a lifelong windows user and avid supporter of microsoft breaking antitrust legislation. Because they had working products. And I saw apple as the brand of those that refuse to open a pc.

A few months ago i bought a new computer that had windows 7 , everything worked fine and all was well as expected.

Then came windows 10 update notification. "Wow heres this new OS that for the first time ever, microsoft is giving it away for free." Nope nothing worth having is really free. And i was correct.

After disabling all auto updates and notifications for windows 10 ,I enjoyed my windows 7 life for a few more months even though for some reason windows 10 updates somehow just kept ignoring my explicit refusal, and attempts to stop "asking" that I upgrade.

Imagine my shock after months of refusal, I take some time away from my PC and go on a trip, when I return behold, my computer somehow has updated otself to windows 10. Amazing!

I search forums to ask how to revert to my old OS and afyer following the directions provided by microsoft, to my surprise, no such option was available. Thats funny.

"Well here we are" I said, surely windows 10 cant be that bad. I was wrong.

Within 3 months the problems began to arise. Slow boot ups, unresponsive settings menu, pictures and videos not loading , random crashes. I could have sworn I downloaded a lot of malware. If only that was the case. Malware can be fixed.

Then it happened. A black screen of pure death.

Well maybe if I press f8...oh wait that setting was removed. So my computer has to be working to fix it. Interesting. Ok so I call microsft hotline. After being transfered to some second world country. A friendly indian man informed me there was nothing he could do on his end so I was to go to a microsoft store. Fine, thats only 2 hours away. Away I go.

After being assured by these very professional and surely conpetant staff that it was a simple corruption with the unwanted update, theyd be able to save my data and simply reinstall windows 10. I remember clearly asking, ARE YOU GOING TO DELETE MY DATA. To which they replied of course not we have way to preserve the data for you to transfer.

Long story short, he lied. Just like that years of compiled and accumulated from past pc data was gone. I mean my decade old prom photos and the like. Music from local bands that long broke up,work documents , transcripts,programs everything went poof.

Interestingly this was framed as my fault for having not backed it up ,due to the unexpected possible occurance of a forced OS upgrade destroying my 700 dollar computer. Boy, way to take accountability there. Maybe I should get that drone strike insurance. It must be nice knowing that you can screw customers with no repercussions.

Well certainly they can at least give me back microsoft office. Haha nope.

fine so i take my now perfectly clean slate of a computer home, and things seem to work far better since the upgrade. Im sure i can move on and rebuild. Then the updates happened.

seeing as turning off auto updates was just an illusion of control. Is it any suprise that yet another forced upgrade began the process of degradation anew. Disk rate at 100% , slow boot times, videos and picture not loading, settings unresponsive, then the crashing.

Now here I am with a brick of a computer caught in a start up repair loop. Ive tried every fix I could think of, for a time I thought maybe its just this computer. After all the friendly gentlemen at the microsoft assured me this was just a result of my PC just not being quite uo the task of working with such a grand and glorious operating system as windows 10.

Then I read the forums. I would go into detail as to what ive learned about the customer feedback of this flagship product. But lets say "lawsuits" and "backlash" were terms thrown around frequently.

As a windows customer and systems engineer ive tried every fix listed, and nothing offers a permanent or temporary solution to the many problems caused by windows 10 forcing itself onto my computer. As it seems microsoft adds new problems themselves whenever they please. I have no other options but to tell this long winded tale of dissapointment at the customer service of a company I have long supported.

:)

Boonry, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  3. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has been hot garbage. - Similar Threads - has been hot

2. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  3. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  4. THE GARBAGE THAT IS WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THE GARBAGE THAT IS WINDOWS 10!: Microsoft is absolutely trash, It is impossible to upgrade or download new updates, Microsoft is now on a level 3 technician. These people refuse to just simply google the issue and have been trying to get this BS fixed for 2 weeks now. Others have found a solution online...
  5. The Microsoft store is hot garbage and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft store is hot garbage and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!: I Pay for Game Pass and am able to download game on xBox just fine, I could still argue it is slow but it is manageable. However downloading Minecraft of all things on the windows store took more that 24 HOURS even though the download is a tiny ~=200mb file! I am attempting...
  6. Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  7. Windows 10 is garbage.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is garbage.: Windows 10 is the worst OS. I have been using Windows since version 3 and was using version 7. I have had nothing but problems with 10 and the display changes and new formats are garbage. Is there any chance of making 7 compatible with new chips or will we have to go to...
  8. windows 10 is garbage

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 is garbage: I spent MORE TIME FIXING it then I do using it. look. I understand you have to justify your expensive college education by randomly making more and more useless operating systems - I'm sorry Ill never understand how " hard " it is to plug away at computer code - what the...
  9. Windows is garbage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is garbage: Force update? I say no. You say yes anyways. I say **** you! Keep forcing your ways on people see what happens. **** YOU AND YOUR **** OPERATING SYSTEM AND FORCED UPDATES! IF I COULD SAY IT TO YOUR FACE I WOULD! **** YOU...
  10. scaling in windows 10 is garbage

in Windows 10 Support
    scaling in windows 10 is garbage: can anyone explain to me why when i ran 125% scaling in windows 7 everything was crisp and clear and now in windows 10 a supposedly superior OS everything appears blurry. now i am forced to strain my eyes to see the tiny text because i despise the blurriness. *Mad 16495