Windows 10: Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?

Discus and support Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay people of Microsoft, before I start telling my problem I just wanna tell you that I tried deleting every temp file, doing clean up and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laffi, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Laffi Win User

Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?

Okay people of Microsoft, before I start telling my problem I just wanna tell you that I tried deleting every temp file, doing clean up and even manually deleting things that took place on my disc. At some point it was as low as 8 GB left, but would be at standard at 30 GB. After deleting stuff I was up at 48 GB, and now 29 GB. I have used Treesize as well. PROBLEM: So for the last year I have been seeing my Windows C disk removing space for no reason at all. I've had some windows updates through this time, updated my Graphic Card driver's etc. The normal stuff. As I told you before I have als

:)

Laffi, Mar 31, 2023
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Mar 31, 2023
  4. vivanco Win User

Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?

hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on? - Similar Threads - has been stealing

2. Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?: Okay people of Microsoft, before I start telling my problem I just wanna tell you that I tried deleting every temp file, doing clean up and even manually deleting things that took place on my disc. At some point it was as low as 8 GB left, but would be at standard at 30 GB....
  3. Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has been "stealing" hard disk space on my C / Windows Disk! **** is going on?: Okay people of Microsoft, before I start telling my problem I just wanna tell you that I tried deleting every temp file, doing clean up and even manually deleting things that took place on my disc. At some point it was as low as 8 GB left, but would be at standard at 30 GB....
  4. VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??: I don't understand, I thought download a file into a VHD means the file takes space from VHD, but, when I download a file it takes space both 2 hard disk with a same file size it takesExample: Download 1GB file = C: disk minus 1GB and the VHD minus 1GB.Now my question is: How...
  5. VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VHD Virtual Hard Disk uses space from C: disk??: I don't understand, I thought download a file into a VHD means the file takes space from VHD, but, when I download a file it takes space both 2 hard disk with a same file size it takesExample: Download 1GB file = C: disk minus 1GB and the VHD minus 1GB.Now my question is: How...
  6. hard disk space windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard disk space windows 10: what is the requirements for disk space for windows 10 and additional space for feature updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space-windows-10/e95ed33e-11ab-4427-b7b3-71e4dfc15d39
  7. Hard Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Disk Space: Hello, my hard drive SSD is filling up, and I would like to know what is the best way to get free space with out problems. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space/2ec660fc-3503-40ea-8d78-9a08b9f669a7"
  8. Hard disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk space: I am running Windows 10 . The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks,. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage had increased. However, it hasn't. What do I need to do to...
  9. Hard disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk space: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS420 desktop. The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks, which were set up in Raid Mirror. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage...
  10. hard disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk space: my 1tb disc is almost full and I need to know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space/20210a12-f63b-44de-bda0-784848ebd8be