Windows 10: Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Edition 1903 and disabled Windows Update service. I have also these keys in registry: [img] However, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jstuardo, Sep 12, 2020.

1. jstuardo Win User

Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home Edition 1903 and disabled Windows Update service. I have also these keys in registry:

Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled [​IMG]

However, I noticed that system was rebooted yesterday. By seeing the event log, I found that these updates were applied:

How could this be possible? How can I disable updates completely?

I have seen that windows updates are being checked regularly.

Can you help me, please?

Regards
    Jaime

:)

jstuardo, Sep 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10  

With that stubborn update that continued to cause reverting back issues I simply disabled the WU by way of the Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>Windows Update for a temporary stretch until that particular update was no longer showing up.

Following the green line shows each step of the process there to change the WU active role back and forth from Automatic or Automatic with delayed start another option, manual, or totally disabled from running at all. That is an option for when wanting to get rid of a stubborn driver update by preventing the WU from putting one that causes problems before you go direct to a manufacturer's support site to look what alternative updates are available. Of course you can also very easily right click on the device listing in the Device Manager there to temporary disable a particular hardware. device which will then prevent the WU from any automatic driver search.

Night Hawk, Sep 12, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has been updated even when WU is disabled - Similar Threads - has been updated

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System goes in sleep mode automatically even when it has been disabled in power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes in sleep mode automatically even when it has been disabled in power settings: Hi, I am using Windows 10 OS Build 17763.1457. Seeing a weird issue for quite some time related to Sleep mode. I have completely turned off automatic Sleep option in 'Power and Sleep Settings' and advanced power settings, but still my system goes in sleep mode every few...
  6. audio has been disabled

audio has been disabled: The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried everything to find out how the audio seems to have disappeared but the message on the computer just keeps saying that there is...
  7. Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable WU's permanently, but allow for MANUAL update.: I would like to disable WU's permanently. By that, I mean that I ONLY want to manually [Settings => Update & Security => Windows Update => Check for updates] check for updates when I want to. Is is best to . . . [1] Use gpedit.msc => Computer Configuration\Administrative...
  8. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...
  9. Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked"

Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked": [img] Online I've only seen work-arounds posted that involve logging into the built in Administrator account and running it from there, but I want to disable this app blocking entirely for any account. How do? 55002
  10. Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?: My PC is a Production Machine and I do not want to lose time with broken updates, so I decided to completely disable the Windows Update in Services. Will this also Disable the Drivers Updates by means of the Online Search and Install? Thank you 65969