Windows 10: Windows 10 has changed the display settings when I closed the lid of my lap-top

Discus and support Windows 10 has changed the display settings when I closed the lid of my lap-top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I closed the lid of my lap-top while the power was on and opened it later, I found out that Windows 10 reduced the sizes of fonts and icons. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ahmetozk1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ahmetozk1 Win User

Windows 10 has changed the display settings when I closed the lid of my lap-top

After I closed the lid of my lap-top while the power was on and opened it later, I found out that Windows 10 reduced the sizes of fonts and icons. How can I restore them?

:)

ahmetozk1, Jan 14, 2019

2. Using the power management functions in-conjunction with the windows API to determine when a lap top display lid is open or closed.

Question 1:

How do I use the windows power management functions in-conjunction with the windows API to determine when a lap top display lid is open or closed; using the Add-Type comdlet in powershell; and which is the best one to use?

Question 2:

How to I use the Powrprof.lib and / or the User32.dll with the VB script obj.run command line in VB script to determine when a lap top display lid is open or closed; and which is the best one to use?

These are not either or questions. I have both powershell and VB script needs for each. These script solutions will be implemented on both windows 7 and windows 10 OS platform scripts.

Mark Alberi, Jan 14, 2019
  3. wenwic Win User
    Keep display ON when lid is closed

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. I have the power settings set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. However, the display turns off when the lid is closed. When I reopen the lid, it immediately comes back up, and is not in sleep mode. But
    it prevents my security camera from recording when the lid is closed because it records based on the display on the screen. I've checked the Display and Power settings and everything appears correct. Is there a workaround or a setting that I'm missing?

wenwic, Jan 14, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has changed the display settings when I closed the lid of my lap-top - Similar Threads - has changed display

2. update has crashed my lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update has crashed my lap top: hi i had an update yesterday and when i tuned cy lap top on today there is nothing there and it doesn't let me in to roll back i have tried the bios and all i can think of but it will not let me delete or roll back the update...
  3. update has crashed my lap top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update has crashed my lap top: hi i had an update yesterday and when i tuned cy lap top on today there is nothing there and it doesn't let me in to roll back i have tried the bios and all i can think of but it will not let me delete or roll back the update...
  4. update has crashed my lap top

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  6. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  7. Setting the action when lid is closed

Setting the action when lid is closed: Is it possible to set this action to shut down, sleep or hibernate the computer? What is the effect on battery life of sleep or hibernate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-the-action-when-lid-is-closed/7841bd04-51d2-4421-93bc-0bb887938c54
  8. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  9. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  10. Added a monitor, display resolution changes when laptop lid closed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Added a monitor, display resolution changes when laptop lid closed.: I just bought a new monitor (LG 27"), and at the moment I have the screens duplicated. Both are showing resolution of 3840 x 2160, and life is wonderful. Occasionally I'd like to close the laptop lid, OR at least go to screen 2 only (neck issues - trying to train...