Windows 10: Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive

Discus and support Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has created a Windows 8 recovery drive on a USB stick! How can this happen? My laptop was originally Windows 8, I used the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mss21, Mar 9, 2019.

1. mss21 Win User

Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive

My Windows 10 laptop has created a Windows 8 recovery drive on a USB stick! How can this happen? My laptop was originally Windows 8, I used the free upgrade to 10 several years ago.

I created a new recovery drive recently so I could replace my old HDD with an SSD. I booted from the USB recovery drive with the unused SSD in the laptop, and it has created a new Windows 8 install on my new SSD!

How can I get the Windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 8) to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?

Thanks.

:)

mss21, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Akheel Ahmed, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has created a Windows 8 recovery drive - Similar Threads - has created recovery

2. Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10: I am unable to create recovery drive on Windows 10. Screen not moving beyond Please wait. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-recovery-drive-on-windows-10/93a39cc1-de75-47f2-abc1-4e103bd62470
  3. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  5. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Creating Recovery Drive has stalled

Creating Recovery Drive has stalled: I am trying to create a Windows Recovery Drive for my new laptop. The green bar is full and has been stuck like this for almost an hour. Is there anything I can do or just wait?...
  7. Windows 8 or Windows 10 is in the recovery drive

Windows 8 or Windows 10 is in the recovery drive: My desktop has Windows 8 pre-installed, it is upgraded to 8.1 and then 10. The pc has a Windows 8 recovery partition hidden. If I make a recovery drive using the method as shown in the picture, the version of Windows in the recovery drive is 8 or 10? [img] 20202
  8. problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10

problem with creating recovery drive for windows 10: hi guys, i have a big problem, let me explain from the start i have one external hard drive which i use for everything i had nearly 1tb of data there i wanted to create recovery disc there however there were two partitions one with my data and another called recovery...
  9. Creating USB drive Windows 8

Creating USB drive Windows 8: Is there anyway to create Windows USB drive from another PC without knowing ADMIN password? 32104
  10. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...