Windows 10: Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...

Discus and support Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run a gaming channel on YouTube. Today is editing day, so I'm minding my own business, exporiting Audactiy files into .mp3 and putting episodes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaggeiraWesker, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...

I run a gaming channel on YouTube. Today is editing day, so I'm minding my own business, exporiting Audactiy files into .mp3 and putting episodes together in Adobe Premiere.

Spontaneously, and without permission, Windows deletes my "processed audio" folder from an external drive without my consent. I check the recycle bin; it's not there. "No big deal," I think, as I only lost one file and it was easy enough to export again.

After editing a few more episodes, I start looking for my facecam files, because an extra episode I recorded for my vlog channel was supposed to have one. Suddenly, NONE of the facecam files exist in their designated folder, nor the recycle bin.

I had turned Storage Sense off last week, but it turned itself BACK on pretty sure Windows didn't update, but don't quote me on that, and has wiped out ten of my work files. I figured I'd try ctrl-z on the folder, and I discover a NEW problem: the folder is read-only and this cannot be changed even though the operation ran and it SAID it had, which makes me wonder why the files are missing in the first place. The computer hasn't been reset since I started working, which rules out a user profie error. Yes, I am the administrator. Yes, "show hidden files is on." No, my antivirus isn't the problem.

Why did storage sense turn itself back on when I SPECIFICALLY turned it off to avoid this problem? Why is it deleting files from a drive with 3.2 TERABYTES free on it? Tl;dr: what in the name of hell is going on, and why hasn't it been patched?!

Going to try Recuva, but the LAST time I tried using it and files were missing, they no longer existed; so I'm assuming your unstable **** operating system has just messed up MONTHS of work. Microsoft, please fix this. Premiere no longer supports Win7, so I'm STUCK with this **** and I'm not happy. I doubt I'm the only one.

:)

DaggeiraWesker, Jan 27, 2021

2. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...

1. Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive... - Similar Threads - has deleted facecam

2. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  3. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  4. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  6. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  7. Windows 10 deleted all files in my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 deleted all files in my external hard drive: I as updated windows 10 into my computer and it ended up installing into my external hard drive and deleted all previous files in EHD. How can i recover those files?...
  8. deleting files from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  9. Deleted external drive files

Deleted external drive files: I tried posting in the technical community but no one replied. Windows 10 was updating and seemed to add my external WD drive to a Storage Spaces. When I tried to recover it using a restore tool it turned the files into something it doesn't recognize when I try to open...
  10. Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files

Storage Pool deleted external drive and all files: I chose this thread because it's the most recent i could find related to storage pool. I just posted in TechNet but after doing so it looks like that is for technicians. I am just a home user and after a Windows update it added this Storage Pool. As I mention in my note...