Windows 10: Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts?

Discus and support Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i use a local account for my machine on windows 10. Apparently i noticed today after resetting my PC and looking at the start menu i noticed a medal... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MajorFoley, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts?

So i use a local account for my machine on windows 10. Apparently i noticed today after resetting my PC and looking at the start menu i noticed a medal icon with microsoft points. Puzzled i went to settings and apparently under email & accounts under accounts used by other apps my hotmail is there. What is this because i dont recall doing anything that would allow this? And if i click remove im worried its actually going to delete my hotmail account.

:)

MajorFoley, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts?

If you use a local account, but also have a Microsoft account for signing in to the Store then when you sign in it will by default offer to switch your local account to a Microsoft account. If you click the big inviting 'Next' button you are telling it to switch your local account to a Microsoft account. The option to continue using a local account is in the small print and easily overlooked.

Use Local account with Windows Store

Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts? [​IMG]

It's all too easy to inadvertently switch to using a Microsoft account. Fortunately, as spunk says, you can easily switch back:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

3. spunk Win User

When you reset your PC, it asks if you want to sign in with a Microsoft Account. In Windows Home version, there isn't an option to sign in with a Local account if you signed into your WiFi. If you used a phone number associated with your Microsoft Account then it will show your Hotmail Email address.
    You can change to a Local Account Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

spunk, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts? - Similar Threads - has signed under

2. Account opened under my email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  3. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account opened under my email?: Hello,Recently I have been receiving emails that my Microsoft account password has been changed. I have never opened a microsoft account under this one email. I keep getting your password has changed every few months. If i try to log in and claim the account i will get an...
  4. Account opened under my email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10: This is my second try for an answer to this question. The first time, I thought one of the answers worked, so I said the problem was solved. I want to eliminate the sign in on a computer that I only use without internet, at home. I know it is possible, as I have another...
  6. Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 has signed me in under emails and accounts?: So i use a local account for my machine on windows 10. Apparently i noticed today after resetting my PC and looking at the start menu i noticed a medal icon with microsoft points. Puzzled i went to settings and apparently under email & accounts under accounts used by other...
  7. Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10: I have a personal PC which I downloaded Teams to to demo to a client a specific piece of software. I logged into my work account on teams to share the content and then deleted teams, however I still have my work account being shown as an account under email & accounts....
  8. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  9. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  10. Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to delete microsoft account under Email & Accounts in Windows 10: Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts listed under Email & Accounts. There is NO option to delete the "Primary" account. I only want the second account on the computer. I already tried removing the laptop from the webpage interface, but the account is still there. Why is there...