Windows 10: Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD.

Discus and support Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop which broke down. Whenever I tried to switch it on, it showed an error 'insert boot media'. So yesterday, I used the Microsoft Creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nmarzan89, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD.

I have a laptop which broke down. Whenever I tried to switch it on, it showed an error 'insert boot media'. So yesterday, I used the Microsoft Creation tool to load a boot of Windows 10 onto a USB. I plugged this into the broken laptop and managed to install a fresh copy of Windows 10.

Now, the Laptop is working, but that install of windows 10 has taken up 90 of my C-Drives 100GB. This wasn't the case prior to my laptop break down. What has happened? It is now working, but unusable. Can anyone help please?

submitted by /u/nmarzan89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nmarzan89, Jun 2, 2020

2. Space requirement for Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 on 60gb ssd

Hi

I suggest you to disable hibernation for time being till you upgrade to Windows 10. After disabling hibernation the space taken by hiberfil.sys would be cleared.

After it is cleared you may run the disk clean up.

And then try to upgrade to windows 10 from here:

Download Windows 10:

Follow the steps to disable hiberfil.sys from windows 10.

• Click "Search" and type "Command Prompt" without quotes.

• Right-click the "Command Prompt" item and click "Run as administrator."

• In this elevated command prompt window, enter: powercfg -h off

Hope this helps,

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD.

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD.

1. Windows 10 has taken up too much space on my SSD. - Similar Threads - has taken too

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Way too much storage taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way too much storage taken: I have alot of problems with storage and this is the most weirdest one yet.I have 2 games on my laptop which is Apex Legends 81 GB and Fortnite 55 GB now if I delete both of these games I will have 73 GB of used storage. And the question is... Where did I get all of these 73...
  6. Way too much storage taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Way too much storage taken: I have alot of problems with storage and this is the most weirdest one yet.I have 2 games on my laptop which is Apex Legends 81 GB and Fortnite 55 GB now if I delete both of these games I will have 73 GB of used storage. And the question is... Where did I get all of these 73...
  7. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  8. SSD's space being taken up for no reason

SSD's space being taken up for no reason: Hi, I'm having a problem. Every day, my SSD fills up with 3 or more GB when I haven't even installed anything in ages; the only thing I'm doing is updating steam games which aren't even on my C drive, they are on my D drive.<br />For example, yesterday I had 360GB free, but...
  9. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  10. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...