Windows 10: Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Recently we encountered a scenario where our users after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. Our product stores the required files in Public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sunilsadanandappa, May 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Hi,

Recently we encountered a scenario where our users after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

Our product stores the required files in Public Documents folder generally.

When customers upgraded from Win 7 to win 10 with product intact the files were found in ""C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents" path rather then the expected "C:\Users\Public\Documents\"

can some body help us out as to why is this happening?

:)

sunilsadanandappa, May 9, 2019
  2. RealNeil Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

They won't have to deal with compatibility issues and buying or finding new software. This could drive a lot of people to continue with Windows software. (since free is a great price)
    Also, all of the shtuff that runs on Win-7/Win-8 will run on Win-10.

RealNeil, May 9, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 9, 2019
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

1. Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - has window user

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  4. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 File explorer has problems: File explorer fails when you click on the app on the task bar. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xc3041aa6 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee Exception code: 0xe06d7363 Fault...
  5. Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10: Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 from a mem stick. That installation could not download win updates. At this point both main and secondary desktops/users were present to log into. Then re-installed win 10 using media creation tool on microsoft website. Now the second one is not...
  6. upgrading to win 10 from win 7 with relocated user directory

upgrading to win 10 from win 7 with relocated user directory: I am currently running Win 7 SP1. When I installed my windows 7 a few years back, I moved my user directory to a different partition, using the method outlined here: User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7 Installation - Windows 7 Help Forums My question is, will...
  7. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  8. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  9. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  10. Upgrading from win 7 (which has issues) to win 10

Upgrading from win 7 (which has issues) to win 10: Hey guys, so somehow my windows 7 PC doesn't really work anymore, it keeps on crashing after a minute or two with the dreaded exception message (I suspect one of the automated system updates didn't install properly). I can login into the safe mode with networking and I have...