Windows 10: Windows 10 Hates Me

Discus and support Windows 10 Hates Me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well where to begin? I received those pop up warnings yesterday. Today I tried to install the two updates from WU. They seemed to install just fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Hates Me

Well where to begin? I received those pop up warnings yesterday. Today I tried to install the two updates from WU. They seemed to install just fine. I was then asked to re-boot. I did and after restart all I saw was a black screen for twenty minutes. I then had an idea that I can restore the image I made yesterday using Macrium---Wrong- same black screen. So I again used MR to restore my machine back to Windows 7 which worked. I don't know what was in those updates but I am back in Win 7 Pro and here I will stay at least until the 29th.

:)

2. Windows 10 installed and now no display.

I had a problem with audio,and updated the drivers, then the black screen of death, could not get past black screen to do any thing at all. Tried many hacks to try to get task manager, command prompt, safe mode... nothing worked. The GEEK SQUAD saved
    me!!! Press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds, leave it off another 30 or so, then restart again. Takes 10 to 15 minutes to check and repair, then it came back! I promptly searched how to go back to previous Windows version.

Good luck!

hates Windows 10, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Realtek hates me!

Hi Caelan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Install all pending updates on the system, restart and check the status of the issue. Further, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Update the Audio drivers and check the status of the issue

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on
    Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

If issue still persist and if sound works when you remove Realtek drivers, suggest him to follow the link below to
    hide the driver update.

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Also refer the below article.

No sound in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Hates Me

Did anyone else have this problem??

5. Berton Win User
    Apparently I don't, mine seems fine. But then you didn't mention what the KB numbers are that cause the problem. I'd be wondering if running the Beta version of Firefox 40 may be an issue, latest released version is 39.0.

Berton, Jul 23, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    I had a driver update for my NVidia card. You may have received the same driver and it's not compatible with your system.

Winuser, Jul 23, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    What "pop up warnings" are you talking about?

Rocky, Jul 23, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Windows 10 Hates Me

Sorry, but without knowing what you mean by pop up warnings, and what two updates in particular you are referring to, it would be hard for anyone to be able to truly connect to your problem.

Rocky, Jul 23, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Honestly.. I've not had a single issue with 10240 and the upgrade from 8.1 to it went just perfect and no issues to date. And the updates are working just fine as well.

Q: Have you tweaked anything?

BunnyJ, Jul 23, 2015
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    I believe you have offended Cortana!! 'Fess Up! *cry

cbwilsha, Jul 23, 2015
  11. Installing some of my updates failed, but they just reverted back, solved by reinstall.
    Black screen sounds definitely like a driver's issue, block auto-updating of drivers.

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    A tad and I installed Avast Internet Security.

Windows 10 Hates Me [​IMG]

@Rocky

13. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Hates Me

I may try to upgrade again after I clone Win 7

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Just wait until the 29th and get the upgrade then.

BunnyJ, Jul 23, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I will try it again, I'm all set. If it fails then I will wait. I do not like to get beaten by a piece of software.*Smile

Thema:

Windows 10 Hates Me

1. Windows 10 Hates Me - Similar Threads - Hates

2. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  3. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  4. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  5. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  6. why does windows for education exist i hate it

7. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  8. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  9. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  10. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285