Windows 10: Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

Discus and support Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor. I went ahead and got a new sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadzgamez, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor.

I went ahead and got a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy RX) and new speakers (Logitech Z606) so I could have 5.1 surround sound.

Well, I've had nothing but trouble since installing and am STILL troubleshooting.

The sound card never sends audio to the subwoofer, despite functioning in the Sound Control Panel (PS, I want that back as a right click option on the speaker icon). I have Creative looking into this further after a hardware scan, but it's clearly an issue with Windows 10 and it's driver.

So I got a Bluetooth adapter to hold me over. Aaaaaand Windows only sends sound in Stereo with it, with no option to adjust bit-rate or setup surround sound.

Posts about this issue keep saying that it's due to Bluetooth, and any surround sound has to be emulated by a receiver or the speakers. Except, if I connect via Bluetooth to the speakers with my phone, I get Perfect 5.1 surround sound. My phone automatically knows to send it in 5.1 signal, not stereo.

I'm baffled at this point as it seems my only option for actual 5.1 surround sound is to get either

-New speakers
    -A receiver
    -A new sound card
    -A new motherboard (with a built in sound card)
    -Some combo of the above

If any one has a solution that doesn't involve me spending any more money, PLEASE tell me.

submitted by /u/shadzgamez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadzgamez, Sep 16, 2020

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Sep 16, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

5.1 surround sound

Just upgraded to latest Windows 10. Surround sound is not on audio channel menu. Only "stereo" is listed. Surround sound is also now not working on ONKYO receiver. Windows says I have latest sound driver.

All other help messages talk about realtek. I just have what came with Dell computer.

DwightHarris10, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

1. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound - Similar Threads - Hates Surround Sound

2. How to Enable Surround Sound on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Enable Surround Sound on Windows 10: Are you tired of not having the best sound quality? Consider how to enable surround sound on Windows 10. Not only can it improve your listening experience, but it’s not too complicated. Once you follow the steps, you can use surround sound whenever you want. Then, you can...
  3. Surround Sound Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround Sound Problems: I have a 4.1 sound system. Not a 5.1. Windows sounds and Minecraft work, in surround sound. YouTube iTunes Netflix etc. do not. I have gone through Realtek audio manager and enabled speaker fill, and gone through control panel too. I don't know why this wont work. But I do...
  4. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10 Is possible???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 Surround sound in windows 10 Is possible???: I have a Dell XPS 8900 Service Tag HXG 0642 with all updated Device Drivers. This computer has a Realtek card that no longer reproduces 5.1 sound. Performing the tests by Dell Audio MaxxAudio Pro without problems everything works fine. Performing the playback tests of...
  5. Windows 10 Broken Surround Sound

Windows 10 Broken Surround Sound: I've seen too many people asking this question. Why is surround sound so broken in windows 10? It apparantly happened earlier then 10 aswell. Im no longer able to switch my default format in sound options to anything higher then 2 channel. When i had windows XP, i could...
  6. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound: Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue. Why is this not...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All

Windows 10 Surround Sound Not Working At All: Basically, I have no surround sound on my PC at all. (Yes, I checked, the headset does support surround sound and it works on my phone as well.) I own a HyperX headset that can 1) plug into a USB Adapter in the front of my PC or 2) use the regular jack on the front of the...
  9. Windows 10 surround sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 surround sound settings: I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the surround sound...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....