Windows 10: Windows 10 having problems searching

Discus and support Windows 10 having problems searching in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently found this problem. I have my computer indexed and it's all fine. However, I noticed that if I search for a particular file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by windows8thumba, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Windows 10 having problems searching

Hello all, I recently found this problem.

I have my computer indexed and it's all fine. However, I noticed that if I search for a particular file name, the results would also show deleted files or moved files, so if I click on those, it would say file not found. Also, files I just created wouldn't even show up in the search results.

For example, if I have just created the file "presentation.ppt" in Folder A, and if I click on the search bar on the top right of Folder A and search for "presentation," I wouldn't get anything.

I have to click on View->Options->Search and check How to Search "Don't use the index..." to have results show up.

How to solve this problem? Is it just Windows hasn't had the time to update the index? How to make it so windows searches both the index and also the slow way? Thanks all

I also just noticed that it only happens for one of my internal hard drives. I created a new folder with a new file in other drives and they all search fine, just not this one.

:)

windows8thumba, Mar 25, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 having problems searching

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 having problems searching

1. Windows 10 having problems searching - Similar Threads - having problems searching

2. Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  3. Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  4. Having Problems with Windows taskbar and search

Having Problems with Windows taskbar and search: I seem to be having problems with my PC and have no idea on how to fix it. I was playing a game when all the sudden my Network adapter ran into a problem Code 10. This happens on my PC a lot and I do two thing to fix it. One is to do a Network reset and the other is to delete...
  5. Having Problems With Windows Search

in Cortana
    Having Problems With Windows Search: Image:Can you see the black box? I tried Using troubleshooters ,it worked but I had to do it every week. i also reinstalled windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-windows-search/4febe689-5194-4110-9313-f737df4b1778
  6. Settings problem for windows 10 search

Settings problem for windows 10 search: Hi, I've been having this problem for a least few days and it seems to look like the setting options for any setting results are missing where they're supposed to be. Ive tried restarting, virus scans, and everything i could think of. [IMG]...
  7. windows 10 search problem

in Cortana
    windows 10 search problem: Hi, i can't open any settings when i search for them in the search bar but for my applications, they work just fine. Also my thumbnails for my applications are gone. I have tried several things like resetting cortana, resetting indexing, ... but none of those worked for me....
  8. Windows 10 Search Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Search Problems: Original thread 'File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909 ' has been LOCKED. Just follow up from latest posting. Update KB4535996 was available as option yesterday morning, disappeared this morning, has not installed as noted from 'Installed Updates'. Last posting...
  9. Windows 10 search problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search problem: Windows 10 Search Stops Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-problem/044ab486-8c96-47de-b644-7f40c557beca
  10. Windows 10 search problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 search problem: Hey, I'm new to this site and have just downloaded windows 10 from windows 7within the past 24 hours to discover it doesn't take keyboard inputs well. Whenever I try to type into a word processor(ms word), or a search engine such as chrome, edge etc. the program freezes. The...