Windows 10: Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

Discus and support Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillBishop1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly.

The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere Pro 2019 or 2018. Can anyone shed any light on this rather weird problem

:)

BillBishop1, Mar 13, 2019

2. Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes when loading theme files

Hi,

There are several reasons why Windows 10 will crash and restart. Corrupted System files, recently installed programs which are not compatible, virus/malware, and recent Hardware changes are only a few of these reasons. To isolate the possible cause of this
    issue, we need to ask you the following questions below:

• After the System crash and reboots, were you able to access again your computer normally?
    • Have you made sure that the theme you are trying to apply is compatible with Windows 10?
    • Have you done an update on your Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you already tried applying the theme while the computer is on Safe mode?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Mar 13, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

1. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash - Similar Threads - Theme cause programs

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some programs not opening/crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs not opening/crashing: I recently got a new laptop and it has been working great. However, sometimes asus's armoury crate and realtek audio console would open but crash a second later. I have tried updating both but the problem persists...
  6. Some of 64bit programs keep crashing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some of 64bit programs keep crashing on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having trouble keeping DAZ3D open, Every time I try to login, it closes. Even when I'm offline and every time I load clothing to a model, it closes. Please help, thanks!...
  7. KernalBase.dll causing programs to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KernalBase.dll causing programs to crash: Small backstory: two nights ago I reinstalled GTA V from Steam and played with it with mods. Yesterday I couldn't play at all, and one of the crash logs referenced KernalBase.dll. I didn't have the time to look into it at 1:30 in the morning so I slept on it. Flash forward...
  8. Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 HD Theme cause some programs (.exe) to Crash: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  9. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...
  10. Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Some programs (.exe) crash when using HD theme: I am using the HD theme in Windows 10 home (up to date). I have had unexpected crashes when trying to run certain programs. When I turn HD theme off, the effected programs load and work properly. The major program that this effects is Adobe Creative Cloud but ONLY Premiere...