Windows 10: Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector

Discus and support Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I make my HDMI output stay on my PC, and not go out to the projector. The projector has a speaker, but my PC has a better output. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mrs. Wig, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mrs. Wig Win User

Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector

How do I make my HDMI output stay on my PC, and not go out to the projector. The projector has a speaker, but my PC has a better output. Is there a command prompt for this, perhaps? I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer and on Mozilla Firefox.

:)

Mrs. Wig, Feb 12, 2020

2. embedded audio won't play when hooked to HDMI and projector

The fact that this has worked well for you using other projectors suggests that the problem's not in your laptop, Windows, Powerpoint etc, but rather in the projector.

Perhaps the older projector supports video but not sound over HDMI, but the computer, seeing the HDMI connection, is still sending the sound out the HDMI port rather than to its own speakers/the earphone jack.

It's usually possible to scare up a PDF of projector manuals with a bit of searching on the web. That might shed light.

This page has some good troubleshooting suggestions; worth having a look:

Why do I get an image but no audio when connected to hdmi on a laptop? | EIKI Projectors

Steve Rindsberg, Feb 12, 2020
  3. HDMI to monitor but not projector

Thanks. Drivers are up to date. Dell are now suggesting I need a new motherboard, which seems a bit extreme! I have now discovered that if I switch on either laptop or projector when connected by HDMI, it will owrk. But there is no 'plug and play' with the
    projector, though there is with a monitor.

So at least I have a workaround, and that's good enough, I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

RichardSeel, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector

Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector

1. Windows 10 - HDMI Audio is Going to Projector - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio Going

2. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  3. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  4. Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...: SETUP:Sony 5.1 bdw e780w + Dall Latitude 5530 Windows 11 + Epson projectorSTEPS:connect laptop DELL to the Sony bdw bluray 5.1 system via HDMI input then connect Sony via HDMI cable to the Epson projector output from Sony, input in Epson.WHAT i EXPECT:both audio and video...
  5. Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 no audio via HDMI to the 5.1 speakers as soon as projector is ON - working ok on...: SETUP:Sony 5.1 bdw e780w + Dall Latitude 5530 Windows 11 + Epson projectorSTEPS:connect laptop DELL to the Sony bdw bluray 5.1 system via HDMI input then connect Sony via HDMI cable to the Epson projector output from Sony, input in Epson.WHAT i EXPECT:both audio and video...
  6. Is the no audio with HDMI from last update going to be fixed or not?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is the no audio with HDMI from last update going to be fixed or not?: Is the no audio with HDMI from last update going to be fixed or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-no-audio-with-hdmi-from-last-update-going/ea6f7469-7cdc-41cf-9eba-20541b9934bd
  7. How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI

in Windows 10 News
    How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV or Projector via HDMI: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Connecting a Windows Laptop to TV or a Projector is usually straight forward. However, it might be a bit of a learning curve for those who are planning to do it for the first time. In this post, we will [...] This post How to connect Windows 10 Laptop to TV...
  8. HDMI does not work with projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI does not work with projector: I recently did a factory reset on my windows 10 laptop and now cannot use my projector with the HDMI cable. I assume it is a software update issue but can't find the HDMI driver to update it, can someone direct me to this driver?...
  9. Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector

Surface Pro 3 VGA/HDMI output to projector: I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 OS. There are issues with the compatibility and I’m suspecting the driver built in Windows 10. Does anyone having the same issue with me. Thank you! 18703
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...