Windows 10: Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

Discus and support Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my HTPC - MacMini (late 2012) connected via HDMI to my receiver which is connected to TV. My problem is that HDMI disconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Caroline222, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

I have Windows 10 on my HTPC - MacMini (late 2012) connected via HDMI to my receiver which is connected to TV.

My problem is that HDMI disconnect every time when I turn off my TV. Next time I have to wait few seconds for reconnect. But problem is when I'm in certain application (KODI), then HDMI will not be reconnected until I switch from that application (ALT+TAB or ALT+F4).

I tried:
    • turning receiver on/off doesn't solve the issue
    • drivers - latest, older
    • enable/disable HDMI CEC in my TV

:)

Caroline222, Sep 4, 2019

2. hdmi questions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it buy following these steps.

• Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.
    • Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.
    • Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.
    • Turn on your computer.
    • You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.
    • If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select Screen Resolution.
    • Check if the resolution is set to 1024x768.
    • If it is not, then set it to 1024x768.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

What if a device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 4, 2019
  3. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

HDMI to TV will not work now !!

It could be a bad splitter in your HDMI adapters. Try changing it to see if it helps.

Turn on your HDMI TV or HDMI speaker and only then boot your PC. Then turn off the TV or speaker, unplug the devices altogether, wait for one minute, plug them back in and turn them on again. Now that you refreshed your HDMI connection, follow the steps listed
    below.

Make sure that your HDMI device is the Default Device

First things first, if your HDMI device is not set as the default device, the HDMI output is unavailable. Here’s how you can set the HDMI device as the Default Device:

Right-click on the volume icon on the task bar.

Select ‘Playback devices’ > in the newly open Playback tab, simply select Digital Output Device or HDMI.

Select ‘Set Default’ > click OK. Now, the HDMI sound output is set as default.

Also, make sure that the ‘Show disconnected devices’ option is enabled, so that your PC can display all the devices connected to it.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

1. Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off - Similar Threads - HDMI disconnect turning

2. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...: Hello could you please help me with my problem. i recently started conecting my pc to my 4k lg tv and in the display options i selected that it should show only on the tv screen which when enabled turns the computer monitor screen off but after that i saw that there is an...
  3. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...: Hello could you please help me with my problem. i recently started conecting my pc to my 4k lg tv and in the display options i selected that it should show only on the tv screen which when enabled turns the computer monitor screen off but after that i saw that there is an...
  4. when connecting an HDMI from the pc to the tv the pc monitor turnes off and the tv shows a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  6. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  7. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor: I have a Samsung External Monitor connected via HDMI to a brand new HP ZBook 15. When you lock the screen WIndows 10 just shows the locked screen photo of New Zealand. It does not BLANK the screen after a certain amount of time. Left it on all night. Why not? Solution:...
  9. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  10. HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor turns off after boot: My HDMI is fine, until windows loads. Then it shuts off and we have to reboot it again to get it to stay on. I've tried 2 monitors and I've updated the drivers, so I'm not sure whats happening here....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi not reconnect after turn off

2. windows 10 hotfix hdmi disconnect