Windows 10: Windows 10 HDMI port not working

Discus and support Windows 10 HDMI port not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today my hdmi stopped working after a windows update my laptop is Dell Latitude 7490, I did a lot of research and couldn't find a good solution for it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emilio LH, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Emilio LH Win User

Windows 10 HDMI port not working

Today my hdmi stopped working after a windows update my laptop is Dell Latitude 7490, I did a lot of research and couldn't find a good solution for it. I updated all drivers and nothing. So I finally updated the firmware and guess what, it worked!.

My question is, why Microsoft didnt warn you about it.

Go to Settings -> windows update -> optional updates and choose firmware if it is in the list. Maybe there is another one for you that will fix it.

I post this here because I was not able to answer a previous question. Hope this helps someone else.

:)

Emilio LH, Feb 23, 2021

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Feb 23, 2021
  3. robj_77 Win User
    HDMI port not working

I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display drivers and it has not solved the problem. Well, what I did
    was install an Intel app to check my system and it had me update 2 different drivers. I did not uninstall and then reinstall my display driver.

I really need that external monitor. Would love some workable suggestions on how to get my HDMI port working again.

Thanks

robj_77, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 HDMI port not working

windows 10 wont recognize hdmi port

Hi Fred,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the HDMI driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting method below provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    And also I suggest you to update HDMI driver from the below provided steps.

Method 2.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “ports”.

• Right click on the HDMI device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 HDMI port not working

1. Windows 10 HDMI port not working - Similar Threads - HDMI port working

2. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  3. HDMI Port stopped working.

HDMI Port stopped working.: Earlier today there was an update that i did before packing my pc up and taking it back to my house, when i got home i found out my tv wasnt taking the hdmi signal at all. I checked with my gaming consoles and bam the tv lighted up with the games running but my pc won't even...
  4. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  7. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  8. Windows 10 HDMI Port

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 HDMI Port: Hello all you experts I am not a very technical person I have upgraded to Windows 10, 2 days ago and it generally works fine so far, however my HDMI Port will not link with my Television as it did 2 days ago. when I plug into the port it makes a sound like something...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...