Windows 10: Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is no audio and there is a red x next to my sound icon and I don't know what to do! I updated all my drivers and nothing seems to be working... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asma K, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Asma K Win User

Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working

There is no audio and there is a red x next to my sound icon and I don't know what to do! I updated all my drivers and nothing seems to be working... I

watched tutorials on youtube and read through steps to fix this but nothing was working! On Playback devices it says: "Not plugged in" but it is! Please,

could someone help?

:)

Asma K, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 19, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Aug 19, 2018
  4. tarigby Win User

No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Followed all procedures suggested, and all my drivers indicate they are all up-to-date! There is no HDMI sound to my Samsung TV following my Windows 10 upgrades. I am running Dell XPS i7. There currently is no resolve to this issue. **ALSO NOTE: My Samsung
    TV does not show up on the 'available devices' list? Are there possibly 'updates' now required for the TV itself? Hmmm, tr

tarigby, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working - Similar Threads - HDMI Sound Working

2. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  3. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  4. HDMI not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working on windows 10: I am connecting my laptop to my samsung TV using HDMI, it was working fine until my laptop crashed recently and now I get "No signal" on my TV when plugged in. So far I have reset the TV to factory setting and tested it with another laptop and it worked, I have also tested...
  5. Windows 10 HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDMI not working.: Hi everyone, so i was connecting my tv to my laptop via HDMI cable and it used to work properly. Then i updated the laptop and it stopped working. For some reason my tv detects that the HDMI is connected but my laptop doesn't. i dont have an option to change my display to tv....
  6. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  7. HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other: So a strange problem happened recently. I have a desktop PC (windows 10) that I hook up to one of either two TV's, both are kind of old, one is a TCL and the other a Toshiba. I switch them up depending on what I'm using the other screen for (ie playing a game but wanting to...
  8. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor. Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the...
  9. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  10. windows 10 sound problem through hdmi

windows 10 sound problem through hdmi: i have recently got a new motherboard and cpu and ram, and installed them without formatting, the desktop is working fine on the old OS installed on other hardware, but i problem persists, there is a conflict in audio which is preventing sound on windows, on youtube etc, and...